1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PV500 (42) Plasma vs Samsung LE40R51BX LCD

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by stevedster, Aug 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. stevedster

stevedster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    OK chaps, which one do you think i should go for? My main uses will be ... normal dvd player, next gen console(360 or ps3, when they are out), also watching freeview/football. also for the future hi-def dvd's. which one would you guys suggest, as looking through these forums and seeing both in the flesh, they are both great screens, so im a little stuck.

2. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,038
    the best thing is to view them your self in the flesh they are both a different picture :thumbsup:

3. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Your post may have been better placed in either Plasma or LCD forum, seeing as it's a display query rather than Hi-Def.
    Re. HD DVDs - I presume you mean DVD players or recorders? Both are at least 9-12 months away from being available. Better off waiting until you read about their impending appearance nearer the time. PR will appear about a good 2 months before any actual product makes it into the stores.