Panasonic PTAE700 throw distance

Oldgold

Established Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me with a query over the AE700 throw distance.

I am thinking of buying a Panasonic PTAE700 and would be looking to project a screen size of around 76" wide. Is this possible from between 2.5m to 3m?? A review in a magazine has said you can obtain a 100" image from 3 to 6m (which would suggest it would be possible. But on Projector Central's calculator it says the throw distance for my 76" wide image would be 5.35m (too long for my room).

Any ideas?

Many thanks

According to the projector central calculator, a 76" wide image can be achieved with a throw distance between 2.7m and 5.3m.

It's disgraceful that this sort of info isn't available on the manufacturers website - I couldn't find any??

EDIT: Sorry. Just saw that monopole has pointed this info out.

Hi OldGold,

Are you trying to get the required distance/image size without using the lens zoom? If so it won't be possible. However it is possible to achieve what you want with the zoom lens:

calc1.gif

calc2.gif

David_of_Surrey said:
Here is the link for the user manual , it has details of throw distances

http://panasonic.com.au/content/library/files/F000793.pdf

Dave

On that PDF File (manual) for the AE700. It shows there are TWO air inlet ports.
One at the back, the other (near it) on the side.

Does anyone know (who has taken the lid off one) which one of these is the intake that passess air over the LCD panels and can/does let the dust in over time, and which one is just a plain old power supply type cooling vent?

Or are they both used for both things?

Just wondering which air intake does the important filtering to stop you getting dust blobs

i have the ptae-700 and an 80" widescreen the pj is about 3.8m from the screen.
the problem is that no matter how i adjust the lens zoom, there is an overlap top and bottom of about an inch if i zoom out to get the picture to meet the outer edges and same obviously if i zoom in to meet top and bottom picture is an inch in from outer edges. surely if i place the pj at a reasonable distance for the 80" screen it should zoom in or out to match the screen. or could the dimensions of the screen be out. any ideas anybody or is this novice missing something .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom