1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PTAE100E & Sky Digibox "Options"

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Gotan, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Gotan

Gotan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Sorrry if this topic has already been discussed on a.n.other thread.

Well, my Panny is due the first week in April and I'm getting ready setting up my other AV gear to connect to it however, my Pace Sky digibox took a nosedive and is mashed and it's out of warranty so I'm looking at my options. :(

1. Sky engineer £60 quid and I get my Pace either fixed or replaced with a re-furb, still I won't have a S-Video connector to run to my amp so I'll need to buy the RGB to S-Video convertor at the 80 quid mark. :rolleyes:

2. Risk is and buy a refurbed Grundig digibox that has the S-Video connector for anything from £135 to £200 guid. :(

3. Buy a new Grundig digibox at £250-£300+ ? :eek:

4. Kill two birds with one stone, scrap my Pace box and buy Sky+ at £299, £50 for the install and an extra £10 a month. :eek:

I'm seriously considering taking the Sky+ option as at least I know the hardware will have a warranty and I can call Sky and kick them when/if it goes wrong.

To sum up I'm looking to see if anyone else has the "Sky + Panasonic PTAE100E" setup and, a. does it work ? - and b. is it worth it ?

Many thanks in advance all !!

:)

Gotan
    (Daz)

2. bobnuts1

bobnuts1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the AE100 driven by a Sky+ box via a Sony AV amp using s-video, Films are v good esp. with DD5.1 sound.

Watched both episodes of Hornblower through it the other night, felt as though we were onboard the ship/fort with the crew.

However, I notice that live studio sources such as News 24 / Newsnight look grainy.

Hope this helps

Richard