Panasonic PTAE100 with PS2 Component?

D

Doc Holliday

I was just considering the purchase of one of these, although I've got to admit theres ALLOT of negative feedpack on this machine but I realise this is just a handful of purchases in the grand scale of things.... so I was just wondering if anyone could tell me of they're experiences with this using a Playstation 2, using with a component cable or otherwise?

Also I was hoping someone could recomend a good screen for use with this, preferably with an link to buy?

Any help on these matters would be much appreciated....

I connected mine up using both S-Vid and composite to the AE100 and wasn't impressed. Quite blurred, colors not bright etc - would rather play on TV. Not tried component yet - can't find a PS2 -> YuYv type lead!

I'm going to get a Pro-V box and feed the signal through that first - hopefully should make a big difference :)

RobK

i have connected up my ps2 via svideo and component and i was happy at the picture both produced, iam projecting onto a 8ft wide 16/9 and the image is great. But as i now have a xbox, a ps2 and a game cube and i have only 2 component inputs on my amp one of which i use for my dvd player. I connect my ps2 and xbox using svideo and connect my gamecube via component. I now have no need for the official ps2 component cable so if anyone want it its theres for £10

I've got my PS2 connected to my AE100 and the picture (IMHO) is excellent - much better than via S-Video

Go for it!

I'm very happy with the AE100 - it's my first proj - and I've had no problems so far. Lamp is at approx 500hrs so far.

Thanx for all the help ppl, very much appreciated, AE100 now ordered (Techtronics) and a component cable for PS2...

Any ideas on a good screen to use with this projector?

I bought the AE100 a couple of weeks back and am having lots of fun with it. Got a PS2 component cable for £12.38 delivered - not an amazingly good quality cable a la Monster, Ixos etc, just wanted to get up and running.

AFAIK the UK PS2 supports progressive scan via component (unlike some of the other consoles 'out of the box'). I have the component cable working OK, sending either a PAL or NTSC image depending what I pick in the game.

BUT - when I pick progressive scan mode in 'The Getaway' - one of the few games that has this option- the projector autodetects '525p' and displays it with dodgy colours - nasty magenta everywhere.

Can't see what i'm doing wrong and whether its a PS2, cable or projector problem - didn't get any real answer from this group.

Still, the comp cable is well worth it, way better than composite!

Tell you what, buy a US XBox (or modded UK XBox), buy the Component cables for it, run in progressive mode - fantastic! I've been playing Halo on a huge screen, gets quite scary really.

Come on PS2 owners - see the light ;) (yes I know XBox only has a handful of good games...)

Originally posted by pompeysteve
I presume you have set component output to be YUV and not RGB?

Yeah, if I left it on RGB (which it defaulted to), I didn't see any picture at all. The projector only accepts RGB signals thru the 15pin computer monitor type input, as far as I know. By setting the PS2 to yuv or YPBPR etc, I was able to get a proper picture through the component cables, and view 525i(interlaced ntsc) and 625i(interlaced PAL) images. So I'm pretty sure the cables work...

Its just when (without moving the cables, and leaving the projector on component input, autodetect) I switch to Progressive mode in the game- the picture goes funny colours and is slightly mis-sized.

At this point the projector says it's looking at a 525p signal- I don't know what else to do as the component input seems to only do AUTO selection ?

Hi

Have you tried another Progessive input to the projector? I have tried Progressive on my AE100 and no probem.

It looks like a problem with your proj.

Steve

i had the same problem with the getaway i could get it to display the game using the component cables when using interlaced, but when i selected progressive the picture went purople & i got no image. I watch my dvds using component from my toshiba 510 and ntsc progressive works fine, looks like the panny has problems with pal progressive output from the ps2

Originally posted by gingercat
.......run in progressive mode - fantastic! .......

How is this done? Is it a setting on the xbox or does it default to this?

TIA

Don

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom