1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic ptae????

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by noyce, Aug 13, 2003.

1. noyce

noyce
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am currently looking at the panasonic ptae range.Are there any major differences to make it worth me going for the 300 over the 100 or 200?

Any opinions or comments much appreciated

2. Mirablo

Mirablo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the ae300 has a prettyier picture .. but the ae100 is half the price inbetween is the SANYO Z1 (a good PJ also). Do you have a budget?id assume from what you are looking at PJ wise the ae300 is at the top of what youre looking to spend. imho you wont get twice as much benefit out of the ae300 as you would out of the ae100 so cost vs benefit points towards the ae100 but thats just economics and most economists are dull. i would say that the usual advice rings true .. get a demo let your eyes answer your question .. Is the PQ increase from the ae300 worth the extra £700?

3. noyce

noyce
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply mate. I'll try and get a demo somewhere

4. sirp

sirp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    after seeing both first hand, i'd definately say its worth the extra dosh...but it of course depends on budget and your own opinion at the end of the day, but i would get the 300

P

5. (GTV)Chris

(GTV)Chris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Apart from the reliability problems that have plagued earlier models of the AE100 - I still think it is a fantastic little performer.
    Sure, the cntrast ratio is 500:1, no where near that of a DLP and the ansi lumens is 700 or 800 but lets not forget most rooms are only small so you dont need 1800 ansi to light up the whole street.
    I run my AE100 through a cinema PC - and it's enough to totally wow everyone that see's it.
    For the money I would go for the 100. ANd spend the extra on getting a fab sound system together.

Cheers

Chris

6. Supernosh

Supernosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had a similar choice to make myself.

Went for the 100 in the end. For £600 it really is the best bit of kit I have ever owned! The picture is very acceptable and still gives me the WOW factor 4 months later. Also havent had any problems with it at all!!

Put the £900 I saved towards new speakers and an amp!

Once you have watched a few films on a 7ft screen in your front room you will never want to watch your TV again!!

7. (GTV)Chris

(GTV)Chris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well said that man :D