1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic ptae 300

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by kamarjelin, Nov 2, 2004.

1. kamarjelin

kamarjelin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After 14hrs lamp use, screen showed 2 five inch green smudges in different places on screen, it was not on the lens so tried different inputs/ dvd player and leads, but smudges still there, and after a few more hours were slowly getting brighter. Unit was swopped for another brand new unit. After 20 hrs lamp usage, same fault appeared on this unit, but in different place(just the one at present).There is no dust in the room. Panasonic have said they have never had this fault before, but if watching dark films it is offputting. Has anyone ever had this fault appear? I have had to send unit back for refund as they are now obsolete. Very dissappointed as picture otherwise was supurb.

2. gorwig

gorwig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I`ve had exactly the same errant green smudges, my ptae300 is with Panasonic at the moment.
    Just to let you know that you are not alone!
    gorwig

3. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    "There is no dust in the room"

There is always dust in a room unless your HomeCinema happens to be in an Intel Fabrication plant

I'm pretty sure that coloured patches the size of tennis balls up to football sized have always turned out to be dust.