1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PT-M1085 Setup Manual

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dvdhack, Dec 20, 2004.

1. dvdhack

dvdhack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I am new to this forum and CRT projectors actually. I just bought a Panasonic PT-M1085 7" CRT projector and I have had it for about a fortnight. I have ordered a manual but it is taking ages to get to Australia. Does anyone have a manual that they could email me?

It is so frustrating having bought the screen, mounted it and can go no further.

Please help.

Also be interested in others expereinces with this unit.

Many Thanks

Ralf :confused:

2. dvdhack

dvdhack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone please help me urgently - still havent been able to set this one up.

3. Kyromaniac

Kyromaniac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know this is an old thread but I stumbled accross it while looking on google. I have a manual for this projector I could email you if you still need it.

4. hotguy8289

hotguy8289

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Funny, I just saw this today too. I have a manual but have tried emailing in the past. Too large. Describe how you would do it Kyromaniac. I got mine from someone on the AVS forum. He put it on a server and then I downloaded it.

5. Kyromaniac

Kyromaniac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's a good point I hadn't even thought about it.
    I'm not sure if it would be useful anyway you need the remote to set it up. I've been looking for a remote since april and still haven't found one, panasonic have stopped making them. Any advice on that would be useful. Anyone have a remote for this model?

6. misguided

misguided

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I've been looking for a remote for my PT-M1085U for a couple of years. They simply don't exist anymore and no one's giving up the ones that were made.
    The good news is, there's a CCF file up on remotecentral.com which has all the IR codes in it for use with a Pronto remote.
    That's fine if you have a Pronto remote, but personally I don't want to shell out the cash for one, seeing as I got the projector for $50 CAD and I've got a really nice setup on the projector I already have so spending like 6 times as much on a remote as I did on the projector just so I can set it up now and then is a waste.
    I did manage to export the IR codes out of ProntoEdit and into Omniremote for the PalmOS, but I don't remember how and the files got wiped in my last reformat. It was so cumbersome on the Palm (Omniremote doesn't resend IR codes when you hold a button down) that it wasn't practical to use for me, but that's another option you might choose as well.
    Personally, I'm going back to trying to find someone with the control codes for that tantalizing RS-232 port on the back of the projector. That would make everything so damn easy, but that information isn't in either manual and no one I've contacted so far has had access to it. It may not exist anymore even at Panasonic.

7. dvdhack

dvdhack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the remote- could probably copy codes via a recordable remote I have and post the commands. Please explain how I could help you wit hthe remote that I have.