Question Panasonic PT-AX100E

dafe01

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the above Projector which up until recently was working fine. Now when i turn the Projector on the Projector comes on and I get a green light (standby) however after a very short time, say 1-2 minutes the Projector then starts to flash yellow and then shuts down. I have tried this several times and it has repeated the above process so no longer able to use. Just wondered if anyone would know what could be the cause of this?

Thinking about it over the last couple of weeks whenever i turned on the Projector it would shut down initially as outlined above but once i restarted it it would work fine.

Any help with trouble shooting this would be appreciated.#
Thanks

Henry

Any ideas guys?

Was a known issue with the iris sticking ... there used to be a quick fix with silicon spray I believe and you tube videos

Was a known issue with the iris sticking ... there used to be a quick fix with silicon spray I believe and you tube videos
Bill your a star! I went on YouTube and found a solution and its now back up and running again. It was the Iris that was sticking! [emoji4]

Good man...these are great projectors

Good man...these are great projectors
Bill do you know how I can connect speakers to my projector without the use of an av amp. I want to relocate it to my bedroom and need sound!

Sorry I always ran an amp... would you not have a cheap old amp somewhere ? When I upgrade I always move the old stuff around the house .. or you can pick up second hand amps for next to nothing in the classifieds on this site as people have upgraded to 4k amps

Yeah I will look for a second hand one on here. Thanks

Interesting....there was a spate of these going off to Panasonic for iris lubricant issues a couple of years after they first came out. Mine packed up literally a week before its two year warranty expired (to the tech's bemusement and to my relief) so it went off somewhere for manufacturer repairs and hasn't missed a beat since. Still on its original lamp (1600 hours, which equates to around 3 hours or one or two movies a week). Wonder how yours has only just fallen victim to the iris goo?

The other day wifey asked me why it looked a bit blurred to her despite my best efforts at focussing (optics were actually fine). Seems she has become too used to the sharpness of our 1080 LCD TV, so maybe I need to complain some more about the blurriness and suggest it's time to replace!

Interesting....there was a spate of these going off to Panasonic for iris lubricant issues a couple of years after they first came out. Mine packed up literally a week before its two year warranty expired (to the tech's bemusement and to my relief) so it went off somewhere for manufacturer repairs and hasn't missed a beat since. Still on its original lamp (1600 hours, which equates to around 3 hours or one or two movies a week). Wonder how yours has only just fallen victim to the iris goo?

The other day wifey asked me why it looked a bit blurred to her despite my best efforts at focussing (optics were actually fine). Seems she has become too used to the sharpness of our 1080 LCD TV, so maybe I need to complain some more about the blurriness and suggest it's time to replace!
Yeah I read up and found that there were a number of issues with the iris that led to repairs. No idea why mine would suddenly develop this issue but glad I found a fix! I now use this in my bedroom set up and it still gives a great picture no sign of the blurry images you mentioned, well not yet anyway lol! Its still a good piece of kit and so will keep on enjoying it.

Any long term fixes as this has come back again. Any particular lubricant I should use? Is WD40 ok?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom