Panasonic PT-AX100 still available?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Sheltie, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Sheltie

Sheltie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I thought I was finally ready to part with cash and go for this projector as a first buy, but discounttv are out of stock and with it their £35 extended warranty :(
    Is anyone aware of any special deals on the last of these models, or are there any suggestions as to what the price is likely to be on the new model and will it be worth the wait?
    Thanks

2. ShanePJ

ShanePJ
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Unit 5 The Sidings, Bacup, Lancs, OL13 9RW
    Ratings:
    +700
    Hi Sheltie

Sorry that we've sold out but the NEW PTAX200 is just around the corner!

As yet we do not have a price but are expecting them in towards the end of this Month!

If you wish to read more please view our website.

Regards. Shane.

3. Sheltie

Sheltie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah yes, but will there be a price hike Shane and will you still offer the extended warranty for £35?
    If only I'd taken the plunge earlier :lesson:

4. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
  5. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +306
    I was also going to buy the PT-AX100 from discounttv and take advantage of their rather excellent £35 extended warranty deal, but I just missed the boat too.

I finally went with digitaldirect and have no complaints at all about their service, though unfortunately they offer no extended warranty deal. I ordered on a Sat evening and the Panny was delivered the following Tues.

The link above says 'usually in stock' but I'd phone them first to make sure they have some in.

The Panny is a superb machine, you won't be disappointed.

6. Sheltie

Sheltie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Kelvin and Crazyhorse, :smashin: I have indeed seen the digitaldirect offer, but am very tempted to wait and see what the price of the 200 comes out at and what the first impressions are when someone gets them in.
    The extended warranty would definately have been enough for me to buy now, but now that it's not an option, I guess I can wait the week or two for the new model to become available.
    Having said that, if the price increase is excessive, I will no doubt have lost my chance of the digitaldirect offer too :mad:

7. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,025
    Unfortunatley Digitaldirect don't seem to stock Crystal Balls, otherwise I'd recommend you got one.:D TBH I can't see the AX200 really being much different to the AX100 as I don't think there is a new LCD panel for 1280 x 720 LCD PJs (though I stand to be corrected). I suppose you could see what they've done from my AE1000 to the new AE2000 as a guide; CR up from 11,000:1 to 15,000:1 as an example: Whilst you could measure that difference I'm not that sure your eyes would actually detect the change, plus the AX100 to 200 starts with a lower CR anyway. Just my 2ps worth.:)

8. TurquoiseShark

TurquoiseShark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe the only difference between the ax100 and ax200 is an extra HDMI port and its better tuned to accept 360/PS3 inputs (whatever that means?). I have both consoles on an AX100 and they look good enough to me.

9. barnclos

barnclos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I am trying to get hold of an AX100 for my in-laws, they were bowled over by mine on a recent visit (I live in Switzerland, so I don't really have a feeling anymore for who the good, cheap reailers are). Digitaldirect don't seem to stock this anymore - has anyone any other suggestions.

Many thanks

Keith

10. Paul1000

Paul1000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1