Panasonic pt-AX100- constant green tinge on one side

shahedz

Distinguished Member
i have a problem with the above projector, its not a flash like others have experienced here but on one side of the projected image , just along the edge is a green tinge, you cant notice it a lot when watchin movies or playing games but it is there, It happens with all sources and also on the test screen, any idea what this could be and how to fix it?

Flanners

Is it noticeable on all screens and colours? Or just a tinge on black screens? or dark parts of films or games?

If it is on a dark background it may be your LCD panels/polarizers that are mis-aligned or have been damged by heat etc. Lots of LCD PJ's suffer with some colour tinge on dark screens though they can be tweaked or filtered out a bit.

Desmond

I havnt got anything constructive to add but I had the same problem with mine, I sent it back in the end as I couldnt get used to it(all the skintone in the top half of the screen had a green tinge to it and made everyone look ill).

shahedz

Distinguished Member
i bought it second hand so hope the warranty is transferable - it's from Krish AV and should just about be within the 12 months,

Downside is i don't have any of the original packaging- the previous owner had thrown it away

HandsomeBWonderful

For what it's worth (not much) I have the same issue except I have a red tinge on one side and a green tinge on the other. From previous threads it appears this is a common "issue" with LCD PJs. I'll be sending mine back to Panasonic to fix the HDMI flash soon and will be mentioning this problem as well to them.

Flanners

It is worrying to read these posts I have nearly a 4yr old AE500 which has a slight tinge of green on black screens top right corner; 4 years later PJs still have the same problems from the LCD units???? Is it bad QC? Heat issues?

Shame they can't sort it? Mine is only slight, I am thinking of buying a new PJ my 500 has 495hrs on it, but this just makes me question it. Mind you a better black level from 500 would be nice.

shahedz

Distinguished Member
it's ridiculous , i have another projector by Panasonic which is a data projector i bought nearly 5 years ago which has no problems.
Yet the newer ones seem to give grief, fair enough in my opinion you get more features for your money and they have come down so much in price but the tinge is awful,

Not sure what to do about the lack of box either, not happy

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom