Panasonic PT-AT6000E owners need your view

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by essex_gezza, Jul 6, 2015.

?
  1. Panasonic PT-AT6000E

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. optoma hd141x

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. benQ w1070

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. diffrent please list

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. essex_gezza

essex_gezza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

I’m looking for a new projector budget of around 1000 my projector has to be a maximum 11 foot away from viewing screen and the screen size has to be width 3 foot and length 6 foot so I may need short throw projector I guess ? I’ve looked at loads of projectors and I need some help and advice please guys if you would

Panasonic PT-AT6000E can get 1400 euros which is 1002 pounds from amazon Italy I’ve read lots of reviews but they say football is very blurred can anyone shed some light on this . I fell this is a lot of projector for the money

Optoma hd141x another one with good reviews

benQ w1070

is there new models on the way should I wait I’m really looking for some professional input and advice thanks to those who offer the time in helping me

2. Mark_a

Mark_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +744
    The Epson TW6600 is worth a look - about a grand from Richer Sounds. If you suffer from Rainbows don't get the cheaper DLP projectors would be my advice.

Regards

Mark

3. essex_gezza

essex_gezza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mark tw6600 is 837 pound on amazon.it do you own this is it better than the ones ive mentioned above thanks for your reply

4. Mark_a

Mark_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +744
    I do but I think the Pany is probably marginally better, from what I understand.

Regards

Mark

5. ShanePJ

ShanePJ
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Unit 5 The Sidings, Bacup, Lancs, OL13 9RW
    Ratings:
    +727
    This is a tough one as the best in this bunch of projectors is the PT-AT6000, although it sounds to good to be true.

I'm guessing its an import thus having warranty issues is something goes wrong with it. This usually means that it has to go back to the country or origin. I'd also make sure on the companies credentials too and where you stand if something goes wrong!

The 6600 from Epson I would place an easy second with it lacking some of the colour range of the 6000 whereas the Optoma HD141x is one of those products where you really do get what you pay for. Its good at doing what it does for the money although its not an over achiever like the 6600 from Epson.

Regards, Shane.

6. TranceFan

TranceFan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Panasonic projectors bought new in the EU direct from Amazon.it come with the EU wide warranty, as I understand it, and can use UK repair centres. Just ordered one for 1400 Euros / £1k direct from Amazon.it. Been advised there should be no problem registering with Panasonic UK. Cannot understand how these can be sold new with same warranty at double the price in the UK?

7. Sunshinewelly

Sunshinewelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +483
    Yes the Panasonic will have a full 2 year EU warranty. It makes no difference If like me you got it from Amazon Italy for £1000 or get misled with bad advice and get it for £1900 from the UK. Any problems and you deal with panny in the UK. Be careful of advice from posters who clearly have an ulterior motive to get you to purchase from the UK. I think I had similar comments when I posted the deal a couple of months ago. Don't get ripped off with UK prices and get it from Amazon Italy. You may find its actually shipped from Amazon UK as well. The Panasonic is a step up from the others. I watch a lot of rugby on mine and there are no issues

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  8. Sunshinewelly

Sunshinewelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +483
    dont forget the panasonic is a £3500 projector - even a quick look online shows that some big stores are selling it from £2500 to £3000

9. TranceFan

TranceFan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    a bit ludicrous price for a 3 year old projector when the newer Sony is widely acknowledged at being a bit better and sells for £1600-£1850.

10. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +439
    It would be the Panasonic for me. It looks a steal at this price. But don't necessarily discount the Benq W1070.

I bought a Benq W1070 a few months ago, but had a look at the Panasonic and Sony HW40 at the time. I thought they were both excellent in terms of build, picture and noise when compared to the Benq, but they were also over 4 times the price.

The Benq has been truly excellent for the money. It has gone in for repair this week as it stopped working, but reading the general threads here I don't think that it had worse reliability than the other brands. Up until then, the picture has been brilliant and the quality of 3D a revelation compared to my relatively high end Samsung 3D TVs.

The only thing I have against the Benq (and the reason that I would buy the Panasonic at the Amazon.it price if it would fit my space!) is the level of running noise.

In Eco mode it is not too bad, but it is definitely noticeable in quiet passages of films unless sited quite a long way away from you. In normal mode, it is loud, no two ways about it. Fortunately, eco mode is bright enough for me, so all of my 2D viewing is done in that mode. Unfortunately, 3D forces normal mode, so it makes me think twice about using it for 3D even though the picture is so good.

If you have a big enough throw distance and are a bit fussy about noise, I'd say the extra £500 for the Panasonic is definitely worth it. If not, the Benq could work for you.

11. jon smith

jon smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    This is interesting I'm as also looking at the AT6000 and TW6600 - not a massive price difference between them from Amazon IT and both significantly cheaper than the UK. Both look an excellent deal (especially with a warranty) and Amazon returns shouldn't be a problem if you decide one over the other.

I have a dark coloured ceiling and light coloured walls so the Epson is mighty tempting (and would also be excellent for daytime viewing with the extra brightness). Although the AT6000 is supposed to be a good deal brighter than the previous Panasonics and finally has a less industrial looking chassis.

I'm mainly down to these 2 on lens shift, value for money and physical depth (the Sony, JVC and the higher end Epsons are all significantly deeper and won't fit on the rear shelf it has to go)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  12. porscheman

porscheman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    This panny does look superb. I am looking for purely 1080p not 4K, and fan noise is my number1 concern. Can anyone advise how noticeable is the fan in quiet movie scenes please?

13. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,917
    Ignoring the pure physical depth; have you checked that on the shelf in the position you want it in you will have enough ventilation room? If there are vents on the back (the Panasonic does have these) you could be in trouble down the line. There needs to be a good gap otherwise you will cook it from too little air coming in.

14. Sunshinewelly

Sunshinewelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +483
    on eco mode it is silent - mine is 5 foot above my head and my pc is 3 foot away. when running in full mode then its still not as loud as my pc.

15. LCDME

LCDME
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I'm trying to make the same decision.
    My 12 year old panasonic projector ae700 is less and less bright and rather than replace the bulb, it tempting to buy something new, that is HD rather than 720p.
    I have been looking at a replacement panasonic at 6000 for (~£1250) i CAN'T FIND IT