• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic PT-AE900E replacement lamp

wnn670

Standard Member
Few questions folks

My bulb has always ben run on low lamp, its now done 2541 hours, i understand that Panasonic say 2000 hours is the limit in high and you might double that using low, how many hours have other people got out of their own before needing to replace the lamp?

If I carry on with this bulb until it goes is there any danger of breaking any other components?

The best value bulb i can find is off ebay and comes from Japan (part number ET-LAE900), will cost £140 inc p&p approx, comes with english replacement instructions and a filter, will this be ok for my projector? Obviously this is miles cheaper than getting it from somewhere in the uk which are nearly double the price, so i'm just a touch nervous about it!

Thanks in advance for any help.

wnn670

Standard Member
can anyone help me then?

i've had a price from roy jowett who i bought the projector off initially, they want £329.99 for the lamp and thats not even them doing the fitting.

Just seems to good to be true the ebay price.

scumball

Distinguished Member
I changed my AE700 bulb and it's really easy. I got my bub (ET-LAE700) from pricejapan for a similar amount (I did get stung by customs though after the event). The bulb is offical Panasonic stock and no problems at all. If you need one go for it.

wnn670

Standard Member
I changed my AE700 bulb and it's really easy. I got my bub (ET-LAE700) from pricejapan for a similar amount (I did get stung by customs though after the event). The bulb is offical Panasonic stock and no problems at all. If you need one go for it.

thanks, that helps. can you remember how many hours you changed it at?

shall i keep going with the bulb i have currently until it stops working?

mr gothic

Established Member
Few questions folks

My bulb has always ben run on low lamp, its now done 2541 hours, i understand that Panasonic say 2000 hours is the limit in high and you might double that using low, how many hours have other people got out of their own before needing to replace the lamp?

If I carry on with this bulb until it goes is there any danger of breaking any other components?

The best value bulb i can find is off ebay and comes from Japan (part number ET-LAE900), will cost £140 inc p&p approx, comes with english replacement instructions and a filter, will this be ok for my projector? Obviously this is miles cheaper than getting it from somewhere in the uk which are nearly double the price, so i'm just a touch nervous about it!

Thanks in advance for any help.

hi
i have the same model as you but still plenty life left,i have done searches in the past for replacement lamps and just done another search and there seems to be plenty people selling the lamps orginal lamps seem to be around the £250 mark and similar lamps a bit cheaper,not to sure how easy it is to change the lamp yourself,please let us know how you get on,here is a link to a site i found
UK Projector Lamps – TV & DLP Replacement Bulbs & Projection Lamps

wnn670

Standard Member
hi
i have the same model as you but still plenty life left,i have done searches in the past for replacement lamps and just done another search and there seems to be plenty people selling the lamps orginal lamps seem to be around the £250 mark and similar lamps a bit cheaper,not to sure how easy it is to change the lamp yourself,please let us know how you get on,here is a link to a site i found
UK Projector Lamps – TV & DLP Replacement Bulbs & Projection Lamps

you can get a proper pana lamp of ebay for 150 inc delivery from japan.

i can notice mine is now not bright at all so im going to change the lamp when it arrives.

Benrudd1

Established Member
Hi,
The lamp is very easy to change on the ae900.

You have to undo the screw holding on the lamp cover flap on the underside of the projector, then there are 2 screws that hold in the lamp itself, after undoing these you just pull out the lamp from its power connection.

Hope this helps :)

wnn670

Standard Member
Hi,
The lamp is very easy to change on the ae900.

You have to undo the screw holding on the lamp cover flap on the underside of the projector, then there are 2 screws that hold in the lamp itself, after undoing these you just pull out the lamp from its power connection.

Hope this helps :)

thanks for that, sounds easy enough. what about changing the bulb timer back to 0?

wnn670

Standard Member
I've just bought one from this seller on ebay.
Panasonic ET-LAE900 Lamp for PT-AE900U (etlae900) on eBay, also Lamps Bulbs, Home Theater Projectors, DVD Home Theater, Electronics (end time 15-Nov-08 02:05:12 GMT)

Took week to get delivered and works perfectly. Box etc is all official Panasonic. I'd certainly buy from him again. It cost me £151 delivered but should be a bit better now as the exchange rate has improved!

cheers
JW

thats who i ordered mine off. so far he has kept me upto date on order status and his feedback is 100% so hopefully it will all go smoothly. absolute bargain considering how much the likes of roy jowett want for one.

mr gothic

Established Member
I've just bought one from this seller on ebay.
Panasonic ET-LAE900 Lamp for PT-AE900U (etlae900) on eBay, also Lamps Bulbs, Home Theater Projectors, DVD Home Theater, Electronics (end time 15-Nov-08 02:05:12 GMT)

Took week to get delivered and works perfectly. Box etc is all official Panasonic. I'd certainly buy from him again. It cost me £151 delivered but should be a bit better now as the exchange rate has improved!

cheers
JW

thats a great price,does the lamp come well packed as its traveling a long way
cheers

jahwookie

Standard Member
It came in 3 heavy duty card board boxes which all tightly fitted together. Biggest was a no name box with the delivery label etc on it, 2nd box was the panasonic labelled box, third box contained the lamp. Inside the 3rd box was a solid cardboard holder / support which is a snug fit and should stop the the lamp moving around.

I consider the packaging to provide plenty of protection although as its only card board anything heavy squashing it might cause some damage. I wouldn't worry though.

It also included a new filter and fitting instructions by the way. I've only installed the bulb and tested to make sure it works and haven't had a chance to run it for hours or anything yet but all looks good. I compared it to the existing bulb and it looked identical (other than the wear and tear on the existing bulb I had).

wnn670

Standard Member
i got mine tonight when i arrived home from work, replacement was easy, getting the cover off the projector was the hardest part!

packaging was good and it arrived in 3 working days, excellent, considering the guy has 100% feedback i cant see any problems with how its packaged.

the change in picture is very noticable, the old lamp was cloudy, i can see from the tv how bright things are again now. i will try gta4 later or saints row 2, both are dark in parts and those are the games i really noticed it was time for a new lamp.

thanks to everyone for their advice.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom