1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PT-AE700E & Yamaha DVD-S550 & Progressive = :(

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Berman, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Berman

Berman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi !

This is my first thread and also my first posting in the AVForums.
    First I must apologize for my bad english, which is caused by my German origin ( ? ).

I start this Thread because of a Problem with my New Panasonic PTAE-700 LCD Projector. The Problem is NOT a Vertical Banding Problem.

My Setup :

Projector : Panasonic PT-AE700E
    DVD Player : Yamaha DVD-S550
    Connection : YUV , 10m, High Quality "Oehlbach" Cable ; Pal Progressive

The Combination of my Yamaha DVD and the 700 with Progressive activated, causes pictureerrors - "Stripes" through the whole Screen, especially visible in faces and skin. Sometimes it looks like if some pixels are slower than others.
    If i deactivate Progressive, the Picture loses in Sharpness, but the errors are away.

I already deconnected all low quality Cinch Antenna and Scartcables from my DVD to my TV, that could produce such pictureerrors.

Perhaps you can help me with this, because Pal Progressive is very nice, except of the damn stripes.

Thank you very much,

Berman

2. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +836
    Hi,

can't really help, sorry. I had my Pioneer 575 connected to my AE700 and in progressive mode there was a noticeable drop in picture quality. Some scenes looked as though I was watching a newsreader's jacket from the 1970's... migrane stuff lol.

Using interlaced from the player now until I can get my hands on a much better player to pair the AE700 up with.

Basically what I think I'm saying is that if you're going to go for progressive then get a damn fine player, I personally have my eyes on a Pioneer 868 :)

Regards
    Keith Hurst

3. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    I happen to own this bad boy Keith. Though I am connecting HDMI > SIM2 30H and its a cracking image. I would imagine that you could get a stonking image on your 700 with one, though the 868 does have a really good professional mode via progressive component if HDMI were not your thing....

Pete.

Berman, try making sure that the video mode on the Yammy is set to video or composite as this may hinder a progressive output. It certainly is the case on Tosh and Sony DVD decks. HTH.

Pete.

4. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +836
    Pete,

from what I have been reading both here and the 'professional' reviews, everything points towards getting my hands on this player. I'm patient and will watch the classifieds with a beady eye ;)

I do intend to run through HDMI and to these ends Panasonic have only today agreed to uplift my AE700 to have the 1.07 firmware patch applied.

This damn hobby... when does the upgrade path end lol.

Regards
    Keith Hurst

5. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Cant answer that I am afraid :D

By the way, I sourced my HDMI lead from Joe Fernand @ The Media factory, a fellow member and not too far from you..???!?!?

Pete.

6. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    there is a simple answer to this, it never ever ends unless your a multi rich rap star or certain footballer :rolleyes: :D

7. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +836
    Pete,

thanks I'll bear this in mind when I get my hands on the actual player lol.

Keith

8. Berman

Berman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you , but i think the only solution will be a new dvd player :(

My Yamaha only has a menu, where you can set it on YUV or RGB ( atm at YUV ) . There is no extra settings for Composite or Video. What I need is a player that harmonizes with my 700, uses Pal Progressive and is Codefree.

Perhaps you've got a tip for me, but it shouldn't be more than 350$.

But who guarantees a stripe-free picture with it? :p

9. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +836
    No more than $350.00.

Well I would be looking at the Panasonic S97 and the Samsung 945/745. Thats the model numbers in this country no idea what they could be where you are. You must go and demo them for yourself and you make up your mind if it produces stripe free images or not.

Its nigh on impossible for someone to say "Well this will give you a flawless picture" as they will more than likely be using the player with completley different projectors, screens, connections and settings.

See if you can get a one to use at home on a return basis, for a week or so.

Regards
    Keith Hurst

10. Berman

Berman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks!
    The Panasonic S97 definately Sounds interesting! ( about 320€ here in Germany ) Do you have a codefree one/how do you make it codefree?

11. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +836
    Berman,

sorry I don't own a S97 and have no knowledge of making it region free. Perhaps a search in the DVD players section of the forum might help.

Regards
    KH

12. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Cannot be made region free with a hack IIRC. Hard mod only. Samsung DVD decks can be hacked via the hand set.

Pete.