1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PT-AE700 HDMI/DVI problem - no picture.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bombastic, Feb 22, 2005.

1. bombastic

bombastic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brand new Panny AE700. Hooked up to an ATI 9800 Pro's DVI port, with a DVI-HDMI adapter plugged into the projector.

The PC detects the projector (it even says AE 700 on the pc screen) but I have no picture. If I instead plug a VGA cable into the DVI port (with an adapter) the PC detects it as being analog and picture is displayed perfectly. So it would seem to me the problem does not lie with the PC.

I rang panasonic's tech support and they said it needs a firmware upgrade. I am skeptical. It has P 1.05 A 1.03 R 1.05 in the self-check.

The only other problem I can think of is the DVI-HDMI adapter not working properly, but the PC does detect it as the AE 700 so I don't see why it wouldn't work. I figure if the signal wasn't strong enough or some such it would still display *something*.

Has anyone had a similar problem, and managed to solve it?

Thanks!