1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PT-AE700 - brightness problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ldenegri, Jul 4, 2005.

1. ldenegri

ldenegri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,
    I have a problem with my PT-AE700 projector I bought last April.
    Suddenly, the brightness (light output) has decreased considerably, now the picture is very dim, even when the lamp power is set to high.
    I used to watch most movies on "cinema 2" setting in a dark room, now to get the same brightness level, I have to use "dynamic".
    I don't think it's the light bulb (well, I hope it's not!), as it only has 280 hours, and the change was very sudden. (watched a movie in the afternoon, turned it off, turned it back on a few hours later and the picture was half as bright!)
    Could it be some settings, is it possible to reset to factory values? What else could it be?
    Thanks

Luca

2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have heard people on another forum saying that if you go into the secret menu and select to reset the bulb hours ( don't actually reset just click to reset then cancel ) it sometimes returns the bulb to its original brightness settings, no idea if this information works, i'm on over 360 hours and everything is great.

Turn your sharpness down while on dynamic or you will suffer halos and a form of edge enhancement around images.

Good Luck.