panasonic pt ae300e £893

fama

Standard Member
Reaction score
£893 at komplett.co.uk
maybe good for somebody

Is that price a misprint?
Jeeeeeeeeeez that's a hell of a price..... a marriage breaker :)

How do you know that they are not the UK versions??

No, as long as they are 'E' versions they are European spec which means they have a SCART.

-- Jon

Fantastic :clap:

I've just sent Komplett an email to let me know whether they're UK machines or not, seems strange on the website their spelling of "Projektor" and "kontrast"... :D

Having said that I'm not going to use a scart connection anyway. They have an unconfirmed delivery date of 27th Jan. Perhaps this is some kind of offer like the "Ivojo Z2" thing!!??

Damn good price though. :clap:

Why oh why are you reading this! :confused:

Go order any of them NOW :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have a 300 and am very happy with it. A 500 for £300 less than I paid. SMOOTH.

Oh and Komplett. Speak to either Irish Dave or Alex. No probs either if you get dead pixels. You pay the return carriage they replace the item.

Now go order yourselfs one right now.

Jack

PS Oh and make sure we get to see the screen shots lads.

Looks like my imminent projector plans are back on track. That's a better price than Z1s are going for at the moment.

Great news about dead pixel returns!

If anyone lives near Notts and want to see a 300 in action give me a PM. I now have my cinema room up and running.

Jack

So what's the difference between the UK and European models? Both have SCART and pan-European warranty, right?

Is there a catch?

OK, what is the difference between the UK and the European versions?
Is it something to worry about...

If its the same as the 300 then the only difference is aboput £400.
Spec. wise nowt.

Jack

dam, getting my ae300 tomorrow from Discount Electrical UK + 92" manual screen for £1180. Maybe I should have waited and opted for the AE500 from the germans and just got a blackout blind? :(

Originally posted by clintc
I've just sent Komplett an email to let me know whether they're UK machines or not, seems strange on the website their spelling of "Projektor" and "kontrast"... :D
QUOTE]

Be good to see what Komplett have to say.....

Can't wait..... want to place my order too

Lez

Lez,

They arent UK sourced machines. Its a Norweigan company ship DHL are good. Ive had 3 PTAE 300 of them. One had a dead pixel (green) swapped straight away (2 day turn around) no probs. Go for it, it really is a bargain whichever you go for.

Jack

Originally posted by jack daws
Lez,

They arent UK sourced machines. Its a Norweigan company ship DHL are good. Ive had 3 PTAE 300 of them. One had a dead pixel (green) swapped straight away (2 day turn around) no probs. Go for it, it really is a bargain whichever you go for.

Jack

So let me get this straight. The cheaper machines are brand new grey imports, but they have the same spec and warranty as the UK ones and Komplett will exchange if there are any dead pixels and all for around £300 less. Is this correct?:confused:

What about UK tax and VAT though. Does this have to be added?

vat included there in eu
so no extra duty

Yeap. :)

Like I said I have bought 3 300's from them. One had a dead green pixel, phoned up and had a new replacement unit within 48hrs. :D

It doesnt get better than that IMO.

The only problem I had with Komplett was that all transactions have to be done over the net. Normally no problem, however their website was down when I wanted to order. They got around it and I got my 300's.

Honest the guys where great. And they where at least £100 less than anywhere else for 300's back in June when I bought mine. To get offered a 500 for these prices go for it. Lets face it if you worried/scepticle you are going to be paying with a card and there is always a come back with the card issuer.

Jack

PS If you you want you can buy my 300 (120hrs) for £1200 and I will by a new 500 from Komplett. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Chaps, I've had a reply back from Komplett about the AE500.

"Dear Sir,

It's an import, I believe. It won't come with the right plug or manual, but other than that it's identical. Hope this helps.

Best regards
Komplett"

So there you have it. In theory you just need a plug and a UK manual. :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom