1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic PT-AE300

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by kamarjelin, Aug 30, 2004.

1. kamarjelin

kamarjelin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have just recieved my Panny AE300 but cannot seem to get any component signal from my toshiba SD220E component output, i selected RGB output on the DVD, then selected Y,Pa,Pr on the projector but no signal. When using VIDEO IN or S-VIDEO IN, no problems. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be, i would like to use component output as i hear it's the best connection to use for best picture quality. :lease:

2. fomoria

fomoria
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, I have the same DVD player. To output through the component sockets, the DVD setting has to be at Video or S-video. RGB setting outputs through the scart. This is somewhere in the manual i think?

It does get recognised by my projector as a component signal, and for me is much better then either the video or S-video signals.

Kev.

3. kamarjelin

kamarjelin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Kev, :thumbsup:
    Have just tried those settings and it works a treat. Have lost my tosh manual so i was hoping someone would tell me it was just the setup i had wrong. This forum is THE only place to get your AV issues resolved.