1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic PT-AE300

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by kamarjelin, Aug 27, 2004.

1. kamarjelin

kamarjelin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been spending loads of time reading reviews of various pj's, and have finally decided that the AE300 is the rights one for me, taking in cost, room space etc. However, i have also read an alarming number of posts regarding bulb failures at an early stage with this model. Does anyone know if this is just a small percentage or is it more widespread. At a cost of £250 for a new lamp, and with a new unit costing £750, i am a little wary as to whether this is a worthy buy or not. Any help on this will be most welcome.
    :lease:

2. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi Mate

If you use your projector sensibly you should not have problems, although you can not always predict when it will fail.

From what i understand - if you do the following, you give your lamp maximum chance of going the distance :

• Always clean your filter after +/-100 hours
    • Set fan speed on high to minimise heat
    • ALWAYS wait before the projector fan has cooled down the lamp properly before you switch it off completely
    • Use it in a room with as LITTLE dust or smoke as possible
    • Use it in LOW lamp mode

:smashin:

3. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The 300 is a very reliable PJ.

Good deal at that price!

Happy viewing and be confident it you don't abuse it it should be a long term source of pleasure :)

4. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    BTW is the AE500 not in the same price range as the AE300 ? Why not go for that instead of the AE300

5. kamarjelin

kamarjelin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the feebback, I have bit the bullet and ordered the AE- 300, to watch on a draper 69" diag. screen. I'm putting it together with a Tosh DVD using component, a Denon 3802 AV Rx, and Mordaunt Short 900 series speakers, all of which (except DVD player) I bought after consulting the great AV Forum. Well, the AV advice proved superb, so i will let you know how it turns out when i get it all set up, hopefully in the next 2 weeks,( moving into another room to please wife).
    Thanks again Y'all

6. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Great Stuff !:smashin:

Enjoy it mate !