1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PT-AE300 with a blue spot

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by endamc, May 16, 2004.

1. endamc

endamc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I got my projector about 2 months ago and within the last 2 weeks a blue circle has appeared on the screen (7 foot) about 3 foot up and 2 foot in from the bottom right hand corner (about the size of a tennis ball). Does anyone know what is causing this and should it be returned. I got it from Komplett.

Thanks

Enda

2. monkeynuts

monkeynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I have a Sony HS2 and have noticed a couple of faint red spots (solid not a ring) about the size you mention. they are only really visible on darker backgrounds but are annoying all the same.

Lets hope it's something simple.

3. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    sounds like dust on the blue panel, its very easy to remove but involves opening the pj and using canned air to blow on the panels to remove the dust. As long as your carefull when opening the unit and make sure you dont invert the can of air there is no way panasonic will know you have opened the unit. Do a search on here as there are some pics and explanations where to spray