1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PT-AE300 reliability

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Hawklan, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Hawklan

Hawklan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289
    Hi

I'm just about to jump headfirst into the projector world and I am hoping a huge number of people can give me comfort that the AE300 does not have the reliability horror stories of the AE100 (dead pixles, DOA, blowing up etc)

So the more the merrier to give me a margin of comfort

Or hey! if you guys think I should try something else let me know about that as well

Many thanks

RON

2. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I've had no reliability problems so far with mine............then again I've only had it since Wednesday! :D:D I was however the owner of an AE100 for a year and put 3200hrs on it. Surveys here and over at AVSforums indicate that I had the most hours of any AE100 on the planet excluding the ones used for product testing at Panasonic HQ! :D Mine went back with weeks to go on its warranty and I was refunded.......'after a time' :D enabling me to get the AE300.

Whether my colour uniformity/staining issues were a problem inherent in the AE100 (I did have some staining from the word go, it just got a lot worse) or brought on or exascerbated by my 'excessive' use, I do not know.

As for the other problems of the AE100 such as the power supply problems or AE100's 'blowing up' etc these type of problems exhibited themselves from launch with people posting about problems here and at avs straight away. Within a couple of months of release polls conducted on both forums indicated an anecdotal statistical failure rate of anywhere between 5 and 25% for AE100's. The AE300 however, has been on sale for nearly 6 months now and I think I've read of only one or two faulty AE300's over at avs. A tiny fraction of the amount of failures that the AE100 had had 6 months after its release.

3. Hawklan

Hawklan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289
    Hi Keith

Thanks for that - You've given me a great deal of comfort

Do you find there is a big improvement from the AE100 to the AE300 - If so where

Thanks again for your extensive response

RON

4. moss

moss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just returned mine 6 dead/stuck pixels, told by the shop they've had a few returned some of which were doa :(

5. Hawklan

Hawklan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289
    Dam

Just when I was feeling all safe and secure

Thanks for letting me know moss

RON

6. themoron

themoron
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've had mine for a couple of months now with no probs at all. I got mine from Nexnix and there are no dead/static pixels at all. The only thing I had to do to calibrate it was turn the colour right down to get realistic skin tones, as the factory settings are way too high. I am in love with my AE300 and always will be.

Go for it Ron!

themoron

7. Hawklan

Hawklan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289
    Hi themoron

Thanks for your praise and admiration - It certainly makes to decision of what projector to go for alot easier. The question is where do I buy it from.
    I'll probably pay a bit extra and buy it from someone with a really great service / returns policy with a policy of zero dead pixels. Does such a wonder company exist - And if so how much more am I going to pay through them - Hey this seems like a new thread maybe I'll post it

Many thanks

RON

8. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nexnix

Please use the search facility here first :smoke:

Loads of threads about this already.

:hiya:

9. Hawklan

Hawklan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289
    Hi

Kramer

Thanks for that it looks like everybody seems to be relatively happy with Nexnix - So these look like the guys to go to

Many thanks

RON