Panasonic PT-AE2000 1080p LCD Projector Review

Tech News

Reaction score
For the money the Panasonic has everything that an enthusiast would need to achieve good quality big screen images and has some features that more expensive projectors just cannot compete with. Because of its all round superb performance and stunningly low price we can't help but award the PT-AE2000 with our best buy badge, we highly recommend you get a demonstration of this projector if you are in the market for great quality HD pictures!

Read the full review...

Very interesting to finally read this review. Since seeing the initial mention of this review, I've subsequently bought one and put nearly 150 hours on it, so it's as well that the review didn't really say anything too negative about my decision.;) I'm actually now about to have the 'Ultra' upgrade done to mine now just to eek that extra bit of black level and contrast out of it. You see us PJ owners are never really happy with our PQ; always looking to improve them......

The AE3000 can't be that far off now.:D

Thanks for the review.

Can someone clarify something for me though?

The review talks about the settings designed by the Hollywood studio.

"it was decided that one of the colour settings on the projector would be unitised to show the results of this consultation period with Hollywood. What we are given under the colour 1 setting on the projector is the final accepted colour gamut."

I thought that it was cinema 1 thats was the mode that was set up by hollywood and the colour1 mode was the standard accurate one.

from the manual:-

colour1:
Setting for HDTV standard in ITU-R BT. 709 and colour temperature 6 500 K

cinema1:
Hollywood style colours

thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom