1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PT-AE100 and iscan pro

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Timh, Feb 12, 2002.

1. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Sorry another panny thread.

All this talk about HTPC and progressive dvd player's, has anyone though about using the iscan pro see here
    it offer's progressive out and a line double, it takes componant s-video and composite and turns it into progressive through your rgb port on you PJ.
    You could get digital tv, dvd and vcr playback in progressive scan and line doubler. I have never seen one going but maybe Gordon could comment, he sells it http://www.convergent-av.co.uk/video.htm

Gordon

Would the iscan be compatible with the Panasonic, it has a widescreen panel, would it recognise the signal from the iscan and switch to 16:9 through the rgb port.

Thank's

2. Hoglet

Hoglet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    My guess is that unless is can output a signal with very similar timings to WIDE480, WIDE600 or WIDE720 (as described in the back of the Panny manual) then it will not look that great.

Of course, I could be wrong :D

Gordon, how much control do you have over the scanning frequencies and pixel clocks?

--- Dave

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,781
    The de-interlacing in the Iscan is the chipset that Denon and Arcam, along with many others, buy and use in their progressive scan DVD players. It is an excellent de-interlacing solution for the money.

As another forum member has now pointed out the Panasonic will sync to PAL progressive. Using an Iscan is the same as using a DVD2800 or FMJ27. The Panasonic's scaler will make it fit the panel. The Iscan can be set to output in YPrPb mode instead of RGBHV.

The benefit with a unit like this is that it will de-interlace all sources sent to it. There anre many folk using one of these things and I'm sure they will let you know how effective it is.

Gordon

P.S No adjustment of pixel clocks etc allowed with this. Timings are pre-set

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Thank's Gordon, good new's then :)