1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Projectors! How much?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Randell85, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Randell85

Randell85
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry guys but im new here and to the whole projector scene so bare with the basic questions :)

Im looking to get me first projector within the next month or so and have a fairly low budget(£400-500 - i know not much! is this too low?) so would ideally like a 2nd hand one(not too much hours on clock but not that bothered, hopefully price will reflect this! also no dead pixels ect.)

so how much should i roughly be looking to pay for a 2nd hand AE100 / 200/ 300(i guess 500 model way out my price range?) max? and would i need anything else to get me started(will be used to watch DVD's mainly)?? also what are the major differences between the three

also where else to buy one from 2nd hand apart from ebay(anyone selling one around here?)

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi and welcome to the forums.....

Have a look at our Hardware for sale forum - projectors come up for sale from timr to time, if you use the Search button you'll get an idea of what models come up and the kind of prices involved.

If you want to go the eBay route that's your choice - just be careful, particularly if you are an inexperienced eBayer, or if your knowledge of projectors is limited.....

S.

3. jamesvtidohc

jamesvtidohc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    to be honest with you, im kind of looking to get a projector near your budget, mine is 550-650. at the moment, what im doing is just doing my research on them first, see what owners of a particular projector say about it, finding out about how projectors work in general, find out maintenance costs, all of that stuff. what i suggest is, if your in no rush, do what im doing, read a few reviews, not only from magazines but from people who own the projector themselves. you could also wait until the january sales, its not long to go, but im sure therell be deals to be given left right and center. ex demo's, clearance or even models that shops just need to get rid of to make some type of money to get newer ones. i would prefer a brand new projector from a retailer because you get a receipt and you have consumer rights which can help you get your projector fixed if needed, for free. (consumer rights last for about 6 years on a product). bottom line, do a bit of research and wait till jan sales.

4. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,179
    I would suggest if possible and if you are patient enought (difficult I know :D ) to put as much money as possible to one side that way you will be able to buy what is right for you and your situation, dont compromise, its a lot of money to spend if you get it wrong and aren't happy!
    I got my AE300 earlier this year from Komplett for £800 give or take but I would have been happy to have saved for longer, it just happened they came up with a "couldn't say no" deal :devil:
    PS..I'm loving every minute of it :thumbsup:

5. Randell85

Randell85
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the tips guys it may be a good idea to wait until january time but im just so eager :) may have to keep a close eye on the sale thread from now on though...