Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panasonic Portable DVD Player LX-9

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by CambshireGordon, Dec 17, 2004.

1. CambshireGordon

CambshireGordon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am a new member, so hope I have posted this enquiry correctly; forgive if not!
    Is there a hack (or some other method) to allow the player to accept audio and video INPUT? From the User Manual I not that this model has this facililty on machines for the Asian markets but it is ’dissabled’ for the Eupoean markets. I would like to be able to input audio and video from a TV tuner. I recall that some digital camcorders have the digital input dissabled, but it can be reversed by attaching some gadget that inputs a code? Or have I been dreaming?

Many thanks for any help.
    CambshireGordon

PS - In my opinion the LX-9 is extremely good value having so many excellent features. Performance is outstanding and the current price from Richer Sounds ... well, could you ask for more?

2. DrPepper

DrPepper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    http://www.panasonic.co.uk/portable-dvd/dvdlx9ebs/index.htm

In the The Technical Specification it says
    S-Video Out Yes (can be used as Video In)

Page 36 of the instruction manuel have tried it? (Watching from a video camera)

Have you tried it with the AV CORD or s-video cable not icluded with this Panny?

i don't have this Panny but have the pevious model

3. CambshireGordon

CambshireGordon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    DrPepper -
    I am grateful for your suggestion which I will try - however, I am not too hopefull ! There seem to be two models of the LX-9 - one for the UK, Continental Eurpoe, Australia and NZ markets and one for the Asian markets. I have the UK/Euopean model and in the User Manual which came with my machine, it says that Watching video from a video camera is for Asia only i.e. there is no aux function. (I assume that if you could input from a video camera using aux, you could input from any other video/audio source e.g. I want to be able to input from a TV tuner).

Restircted input choice is perhaps further confirmed by the fact that the input selector switch only allows a choice between DVD and SD card; user manual page 10.

In the belief that the circuit boards would be the same (Euopean and Asian versions) I was hoping that the aux input facility was luking within and could be switched back into use - as is the case I understand with some models of camcorders.

Yours in hope etc ...
    CambshireGordon

for Asia only.