1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PM1 Problems

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by DJjay18, Oct 24, 2004.

1. DJjay18

DJjay18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've very recently bought the 32" version of the PM1.

Many problems with it:

When changing picture control from normal to one of the others ie dynamic, then back to normal, the sharpness level will increase causing ghosting on things like text on screen (very noticable). I look at the sharpness indicator in picture settings and it's not moved. Strange. To cure I just go up then down and it resets to soft. This same problem also occurs when TV has been switched off by front button overnight, or when switching between AV1 and Av2 sometimes.

Also when a picture pans left to right, you can notice that the picture isn't a proper 16:9 size, ie not the correct dimensions in some places - hard to explain.

Has anyone else experienced these problems?

Also the picture via scart non-RGB is TERRIBLE, with reds really overexposed. The picture is also very dark, and turning the brightness up doesn't cure. I konw non RGB pics are always worse, but this one is really bad. For a £600+ TV I would expect a bit of quality.

2. DJjay18

DJjay18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone please?