1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by cliveuk, Jul 31, 2005.

1. cliveuk

cliveuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hi, im looking at getting a Panasonic TH37PV500CAB, where is the cheapest place to get one with a wall mount? ive seen one site selling it for £1950 but they dont say what it comes with.
    thx for any help

2. bin_man

bin_man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you actually want the 'cab' stand ? If not, you should be looking for the Panasonic TH37PV500WAL. It is also worth knowing whether you really want the 'free' DVD recorder. I got one (TH37PV500WAL) without the DVD recorder (I thought that as it didn't have a freeview tuner it was almost pointless) from 121electricals a couple of weeks ago, it arrived within a couple of days with no problems.

I haven’t really decided whether it was a good purchase yet, as I am a little undecided about the 'noise' from fan / electric’s and the picture quality. It is generally great, but just watched the 2nd Harry Potter and the bedroom scenes at the start are quite poor. I think people in this forum call the problem 'colour banding' but I don't quite understand all the terminology yet !

3. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    change the settings to "Cinema" mode and the banding should mostly go away.

4. bin_man

bin_man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    pjclark1, thanks for the tip. To be honest, I thought that I had set it to cinerma mode, but will go back and check... Cheers