1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Plasma With HDMI

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by brew2, Sep 26, 2004.

1. brew2

brew2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just read on the DVD forum that Panasonic are just about to releasa a HDMI DVD player but I cant find any Panasonic HDMI plasmas. Does anyone know if they are going to release any. Also I have seen Panasonic HDMI plasmas on their US website, why are they not available here as they look Ideal for the UK market. Why would they deprive us of these products.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Brew, it's already there by another name, and the 7 series will have an actual HDMI card, check panny's website again, it's there.

3. brew2

brew2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that Maw, but I have another question. The New PW7 isn't a high res panel so will the HDMI make a vast difference, if not what is the point? There are high res Panasonic Panels and TV's state side, do you know if they will be in the UK at all? I want a high res panel with digital input for use with a scaler you see so am trying to get as much info and as many options on the subject as possible.

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,001
  5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Yes a digital connection properly done does 'make a difference' though comparing it to a mid/high end component input you might be hard pressed with any panasonic.(Pioneer HDE's are an exception as they seem to have nobbled the component input IMHO) There will be a HD 42" in the 7 series, the PHD7, all boards will work with both. The component board will carry through from the 6 series, so we know that works properly. The DVI board is already HDCP compliant, but has the odd issue about vido resolution. Doubtless the HDMI will be the other way round, ie fine with video, pants with PC