1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Plasma Warranty- Return to Base or On Site ??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Novi, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Novi

Novi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi !!

Spoke to AV-Sales regarding the 1 year Panasonic Warranty and was told that it the warranty is a return to base warranty. Problem..plasma's are not the easiest to ship around !!!

Called a couple of other retailers and they indicated that the Panasonic Warranty is actually onsite...thus no need to ship the plasma in case of problems.

Can anyone help ?? What is the warranty ..RTB or Onsite.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Panasonic claim it is on site, and for minor problems it is. Anything big and the definition changes slightly, they will collect it and return it, but not fix it on site. They are supposed to lend you a screen, but mysteriously the loan screen (singular I reckon) is always out. All this changes if you have a euro import screen, they get all soggy and hard to light, but will fix it anyway. However, not on site, and they will make you pay the courier charges.

3. Novi

Novi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks MAW...that was very helpful. So the warranty, whether i buy from AV Sales or any other authorised dealership, is onsite ( assuming it is a UK screen).

Pana may have to take the screen to their service centre to fix it, however it would not be my responsibility to arrange the courier etc. From what you have mentioned, they would send out an engineer to examine the kit and take a call whether it needs to go back or not. And yes the loan unit is a different story :)

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Panasonic don't actually operate any 'authorised dealership' type operation, the big boys buy direct, others buy from distibutors, as long as it's a UK screen you have no worries. As I said, even a euro origin screen is completely warrantied, they just get a bit huffy about it. TH42PW7B (X) is UK, TH42PW7E (X) is euro. The x denotes shipped with no bundled board, and hopefully is irrelevant to you, do a deal with boards inc. All other models follow this pattern.