Panasonic Plasma Upgrade question

JamesK1975

Standard Member
Hi All, I’ve currently got a Panasonic TX-P46GT30 TV paired with a Yamaha YSP-2200 that I’ve had since 2012 and in fairness it’s been great.

We moved house last year and now have a bigger living room and would really like to upgrade to something around 65” in size. While I’d normally look at something like an LG OLED TV I am looking a something more budget friendly. This is mainly due to now having children, and our 2 year old does tend to get quite hands-on with the TV at times!! So I don’t want to spend a huge amount of money on something that could get damaged.

Our viewing profile on the TV has also changed. Before children it was watching HD broadcast programmes, Blu-ray Discs and Apple TV movies. Since having children the vast majority of the viewing is via Apple TV 4K, but mainly things like Netflix and Amazon Prime children stuff. The amount we watch films has drastically reduced.

With that in mind I was considering the LG 65NANO866PA, or something like it. I saw the 50” version of this TV in John Lewis today, but to be honest it’s hard to do any objective comparison of TV’s in a shop. Does anyone have any views on this LG set as it’s been discounted at a number of retailers at the moment. I can’t see many reviews for it on-line. I’d keep the Yamaha soundbar as I’ve been really impressed with that. The other TV that I’ve read good things about is the Hisense 65U8GQTUK, which is £100 more.

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Dodgexander

Despite its price the Hisense is not comparable to the LG, its a much higher end TV with a FALD system and high peak brightness which makes it a suitable HDR TV.

Provided you don't need wide viewing angles, its a much better idea to go for this than the LG.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom