• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic plasma TH42PZ70B or LG lcd 42LY95?

M

maxwellb

I'm going to buy either the Panasonic TH42PZ70B (plasma full HD) or LG 42LY95 (lcd full HD), the Panasonic is around £880 and the LG is around £700.

Given that one of my friends works at LG and reckons he can get me a "good price" in their Jan sale, what would you for?

The panasonic has better reviews than the LG but if the LG ended up being £300 cheaper what would you go for?

I mainly watch standard Sky (no HD or sports) and play Xbox 360.

I know LCDs are allegedly getting better, but is the LG LCD as good as the Panasonic plasma?

All advice welcome!!

MumboJumbo

Established Member
Who said LCD's are better than PLASMA's.

This 1080p Plasma is a very, very nice set. I would go for that. But as with LCD's and all Bigger sized Screens. SD material wont be improved by buying LCD or PLASMA. They will both have to upscale.

Your decision. I would get the Panny Plasma... Winning some rave reviews out there. Also the Contrast ratio will be brighter than an LCD.
Screen burn these days can be remedied and New Plasmas have Anti Screen burn software built in. Well this Plasma does anyway.
So if your gaming you wont experiance much screen burning.

I believe that Plasma and LCD are virtually the same these days. You cant pick one over the other only on spec and price.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom