1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic plasma tellys and stands

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by rainbow61, Jun 22, 2005.

1. rainbow61

rainbow61

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello, just bought a Panny TH-37PA50E (non-HD 37" viera) and love it. bought it with a pedestal stand TY-ST42PX5W, but have now seen this cabinet type stand on ebay TY-S37PX20.

Is the TH-37PA50E compatible with the TY-S37PX20 ?

tv
    [​IMG]

stand

[​IMG]
    please help, cant find a definite answer on the Panasonic web site. :(

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    You may get the TV to physically fit on the floor cabinet but that floor stand is specifically designed for the TH-37PE30 Viera which has a significant curve on the silver base that matches the stand. If you do manage to get the TV to fit the floor stand it will look very odd.

Best steer clear and look out for the relevant PE50 stand on eBay or the classifieds section of this forum.

S.

3. rainbow61

rainbow61

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks steve, saved me some bother.

4. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    rainbow I love the way you labelled the "tv" and "stand" in your picture. :)

[I don't mean nothing by it, it just amused me. :thumbsup:]

5. Chavvychase

Chavvychase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I went to Currys recently I asked the assistant if they had a 500 with pedestal. She pointed to a 500 with cabinet and said 'that's it'. I said no, that's a cabinet. Well, she said, its what Panasonic call a pedestal. She insisted on this, so i walked off.

I had another experience with Currys today. I asked an assistant if they had the new Samsung 40" LCD. He said no, he didn't think there was one. I said there was. His response was, well if there is it won't be any good as the picture will be too grainy.

It would help customers of Currys if the assistants were made to spend 10 minutes a day on AVForums. At least they would get some up-to-date information about TV products.

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Oh dear GOD no..........

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:
    ANy way I wnet to see my uncle tonight who has new telly.... I asked him why he hadnt gone for a new fangled flat screen he replied " the bloke at (local white goods centre) doesnt reckon they are any good" I said oh why not? he replied "this chap reckons they dont last very long, and the pictures no good" Oh ok so 60,000 hours isnt long enough then......... " he then went on and on about how good the picture was on his new 28" Base model toshiba connect to a an Asda special FV box via composite with brightness on 100% and a very RED picture......................he is as happy as a PIG in Siht

7. Chavvychase

Chavvychase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think Currys ought to ask Hornydragon to give their staff internet lectures on Plasmas (in return for a large fee).

I would have more confidence in them if I thought they knew what they were talking about (although its probably a little unfair, because the could be selling fridges the next minute).

8. thornton

thornton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Makes me worry if my Yin and Yang are all wrong. So I have finally got my 37PV500 wired up everyway imaginable to a low end HDMI DVD and spend hours wondering if I should get a better DVD player or even go mad on a Denon A1XV and when are the proper HD source television/HDDVD/BluRay gonna be here and should I have got the 42PV500 maybe not as Freeview will look even more rubbish blown up further and can I get hold of one of those HD source boxes covered with Japanese stickers that John Lewis in High Wycombe has got to demo the HD and ohmygod the grass is a very funny colour in Aviator has the Panny gone wrong already......:eek:

i.e. I am not happy as a pig in Siht, whatever that is. Taking a week away to reset