• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Panasonic plasma questions

techaq

Standard Member
I just ordered a panasonic 42in plasma st30 I'll be getting this in a week or so, I really hope I made the right discussion, it was between the samsung led or the panasonic 42in plasma st30 I couldn't go bigger because the size of the room, or I would've, Is there anything I should know when I set everything up, like calibration settings whats the best way to set that part up? I mean is there any kind of settings it should be? or should I buy a calibration dvd to help with settings? and how long should I burn it in to avoid this?

Thanks

mikej

No need to bother with slides - just avoid dynamic mode and lower contrast, brightness and sharpness for a while.

Also - try and avoid having bright, static channel logos or gaming graphics on the screen for too long to start with.

JonathanAV

As Scooby says, its best reading on Panasonic owners fourm.

I would keep your Plasma on Movie, Cinema mode/s for the first 200 hours (burn in period) & dont have the contrast turned up to much.
The calibration dvd's will only help slightly (5-10%) Its best to get a screen profesionally calibrated by someone in your area (ISF or THX) for best results :smashin:

tele1962

Distinguished Member
As Scooby says, its best reading on Panasonic owners fourm.

I would keep your Plasma on Movie, Cinema mode/s for the first 200 hours (burn in period) & dont have the contrast turned up to much.
The calibration dvd's will only help slightly (5-10%) Its best to get a screen profesionally calibrated by someone in your area (ISF or THX) for best results :smashin:

Just add i think no one should realy consider a Pro. Calibration or any other on this years models until at least 500 hours on the clock.:)

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Just add i think no one should realy consider a Pro. Calibration or any other on this years models until at least 500 hours on the clock.:)

What he says^^^^ very good point:smashin:...man from the other place:p

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom