1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Plasma PW6BX Setup

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by PaulCaden, Jun 7, 2004.

1. PaulCaden

PaulCaden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Having used the DVE calibration DVD I am happy with the colour and sharpness setting but I am at a complete loss about how to set the contrast & brightness. I tried to use the reverse grey ramps test screen but I am not sure whether I understood the instructions correctly.

Can anybody explain in laymans terms how to correctly set the contrast & brightness on my plasma or how to interpret the test screen (please!).

Or, what values have you got for contrast & brightness on a Panny plasma (mine are contrast +7, brightness is +2).

2. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I haven't used the DVE for quite some time. But here's what I do.

You've got a screen which show grey scale bars on the top two thrids, and on the bottom a black strip which has some dark grey boxes. There's one of the darker boxes which should be invisable, turn the brightness down to a point where you can't see it.

For contrast it's a bit different. Essentially, it's how bright the white will be. With the version of DVI I've used in the past, they were fine for use with an average CRT TV. But, with a plamsa screen the type of test it was suggesting wouldn't work. I'd say it really depends on your viewing room and eye strain. Adjust it so it's not glaring back at you, and is comfortable to watch.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.