1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic plasma problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by c_cecchi, Jan 30, 2005.

1. c_cecchi

c_cecchi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought a new TV - a Panasonic TH-37PE30 (same remote control as TH-42PE30) and cannot get my Pronto NEO SBC RU 930 to learn any of its controls. It just gives me the "failed" message every time. The unit is still working (I taught it some extra DVD controls to check in the mean time) Can you help...?

2. scans007

scans007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am also having this same problem with A diff panasonic TV remote.......has anyone figured this out yet????

It won't learn the code no mattter what I do, I even tried through my DVD remote. All I need and care about is the one Power On button so I can set macro's.......

Someone......anyone?

3. Antpink

Antpink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Completely unrelated hardware, but I had problems teaching my Sony Navi various codes from Marantz and the local cable company box. I found that for the receiver the codes only learnt if I did a very quick double-tap, and for the cable box remote I had to do a quick press/release, rather than press and hold. Worth a go.... if these don't work, check that the Pana remote is not transmitting on a frequency that is out of the operating range of the learning remote.

However, seeing as you have the Pronto, this last point is unlikely to be the issue. Have you tried looking on remotecentral to see if they have the actual codes listed that you can manually edit into the Pronto software?

4. ivrm

ivrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you go here h t t p://w w w.remotecentral.com/files/index.html

I have posted my codes but it is for use with Pronto SBC RU950 if you can convert them.

had to use my desktop computer as had same problem as you with laptop