• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic plasma picture cropping problem

A

adrian.stewart

I'm having a problem with my setup where the picture is being cropped by about two inches on both sides, no matter what screen aspect I am using. I am losing text from credits left or right justified and park of the action during films. The Sky box is connected to the amp by s-video which the amp should then up-convert to component which then goes to the plasma screen.

I can't find anything in the manual about this. Anyone got any ideas?

dickst3

Is your sky box set to 16:9?

Mine wasn't for five years :rolleyes:

theo cupier

Is the screen set to 16:9 and not 'Just' mode? That, and playing with the horizontal size and position in the Picture menu helped me with a similar issue on my PHD8

dickst3

theo cupier said:
and playing with the horizontal size and position in the Picture menu helped me with a similar issue on my PHD8

I just did that as well, centred the picture horizontally, finally :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom