1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Plasma Issues

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by chandlerbing02, Mar 21, 2005.

1. chandlerbing02

chandlerbing02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :mad: Anybody have any issues with the now defunct PT-42PD3-P? This POS didn't even last a year and a half. The screen flickered a little bit in the beginning which didn't worry me too much but now it's completely shot to hell. It looks like somebody splashed a can of paint on it. The color is off and the set is unwatchable. Of course, I didn't bother getting an extended warranty and Panasonic won't sell me a custom care plan. Lousy warranty only lasts for a year. What options do I have now besides turning the tube into a coat rack?

2. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    you could chuck your remote through screen, blame it on kids and claim o n your house insurance :D :D

only joking, sounds like it is dead now though unfortunatley m8

3. Davidgilmour

Davidgilmour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    write to the bbc program that handles with cutomer care issues and give panasonic a bad name, that will teach them for making plasmas that last one year. In Holland we have 2 year warranty on all electrical gear, even 30 quid dvd players and better , a tv should last 12 years so if its broken after lets say 3 years ( 1 year after warranty , it should last another 9 years ) we get the following: the dealer must pay 90% of the repair costs and you 10%.
    After 2 years 80% vs. 20% etc. Now THATS good customer care laws :D

4. nicke20

nicke20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Or to put it in a better context
    and we have all heard this before :-

A TV has to be fit for purpose and trading standards have deemed this i think to mean will last working for 6 years in normal domestic use. if it fails before then you have a case. your clain is against the retailler not the manufacturer So you should politely ask them to sort it out for you. If no joy go to trading standards and ask for help, the retained value/warrenty commitment is on a sliding scale ie six sixths at 1 year and one sixth at six years.
    Just be polite keep good records of names dates and other info and it will be resolved, become a pain in the A** and the retailer will be most unhelpfull

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Crumbs chief thats a 5 year old or so unit..........did you buy it new?