Panasonic Plasma - Issues connecting to BlueRay Player

DMC6467

Novice Member
I wondered whether anyone could help. I have one of the last Panasonic plasma TVs - can't see the model number. I'm having problems with playing DVDs or BlueRays through it. All looks fine at first but once navigating through the menus to actually playing the TV looks to be getting confused as to which mode it should be on and switches between, Auto, Wide, 1080p constantly. I thought it was the player, or HDMI cable of connections via the AV box which doesn't appear to be. I have switched off the auto HDMI recognition in the hope that this would fix it but no luck. Is it just that the TV is too old now? I think it dates from around 2013/2014. I've a video of it switching in the hope that this may help which I will try to load

mikej

If the same happens with other external sources connected via HDMI then it could be a fault with the TV (or possibly amp) but if it doesn't, then it could be the player itself at fault I guess.

Can you try connecting the player directly to the TV, which would at least rule out the amp being the cause ?

DMC6467

Novice Member
Thanks I’ve tried different players, different leads and connection points from the AV so am almost sure it’s the TV not sure whether it’s fixable. Don’t have any issues playing Sky through the AV.

DMC6467

Novice Member
Yes, but have you tried the player direct bypassing your AV?

Thank you, have and it doesn't seem to have that problem so that narrows it down to the AV box or the cable from the AV box to the TV - (which sadly is behind the plaster-board). The AV box is only 12-18 months old a Denon AVR-X2300W.

DMC6467

Novice Member
Actually it must be the AV box mustn't it as the Sky is playing fine via the AV box. I can't see that there are any settings on the AV box so will have to keep investigating.

WildBob

Standard Member
I had issues with a Panasonic 68" plasma I recently bought. 2006 model... I found that everything needs to be passing thru to the tv at 1080i.
So whatever device I connected to my Onkyo AV needed to be 1080i or changed to 1080i.
The Humax freesat box runs at 1080i and worked without fault... maybe the same as your sky box!?
I still need to update my Firestick, it's a first Gen running at 720 and the Panasonic don't like it.

Last edited:

cydavidho

I had issues with a Panasonic 68" plasma I recently bought. 2006 model... I found that everything needs to be passing thru to the tv at 1080i.
So whatever device I connected to my Onkyo AV needed to be 1080i or changed to 1080i.
The Humax freesat box runs at 1080i and worked without fault... maybe the same as your sky box!?
I still need to update my Firestick, it's a first Gen running at 720 and the Panasonic don't like it.
May be 2006 model does not support 1080p, it is not a full HD screen, do you have the model number?

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom