Panasonic Plasma Flciker's With Sky+

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by sarky, May 31, 2004.

1. sarky

sarky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all
    Panasonic: TH-42PW6BX
    I am sure someone out there have seen something like this on a Panasonic or other Plasma out there.

This is what i have done and seen.

I have tried Watching from DVD and it is Brilliant picture Quality
    Sky+ Screen Flickers it is noticed at the top part of the screen but the lot flickers.
    VCR brilliant no problem at all

I have tried everything and bypassed my amp still same problem, so I went and borrowed a Bug standard Sky Box, well the picture Quality doesnt have a problem and the flicker disapeared.

To be honest i dont know what to say you buy the latest technology as in Sky+ Thinking you will have a better quality Viewing but find out it is BAD..

Anyone know what I can do about it ?

Thank you

Sarky

2. Ianc

Ianc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive got SKy+ into my pe30 panasonic and its fine.

Have you tried this particular sky+ box on another TV it might be knackered and time to call out sky for a replacement.

Or maybe try swapping between the VCR Out Scart on the back of the sky+ box with the normal Scart Out on the back - see if that has any difference (not because it should - just to eliminate some bits ).

3. sarky

sarky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To be honest i have tried everything else short trying that on a different TV well might just try it tomorrow on a normal 21" and see if it does the same thing as i got on the plasma.

But i can tell ya one thing that is the 2nd box i have had and same problem, The company who fitted it saw the problem and sent mine back to them and swaped it but it didnt make a difference.

Will post something later on, after i have tried my box on a different TV.

Sarky

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    If they offer to replace this box then ask for a different PACE model or an Amstrad variant, it could easily be a single production batch which are faulty but most are being used on smaller CRT's and perhaps the problem isn'r evident.

5. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +550
    How are you connecting the SKY+ box to your screen?

Have you tried altering the "contrast" setting (in picture settings)on the SKY+ box?(if only to see if the problem gets worse or better etc)

Try switching "scart control" on/off (in picture settings), and see if there is a difference.

Assuming you are connected via scart RGB, maybe try re-seating the scart board in the panel etc?

Paul... :)

6. sarky

sarky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried every thing you could try from cables to settings nothing did a difference and put in mind these are the same cables i used for the standard SkyBox.