panasonic plasma banding

semajrebrab

Standard Member
Reaction score
i have a pansonic 50vt30, generally a great picture, although when watching golf or especially football there can be avisable band down the screen( i seem to have just one on left hand side).

what i have noticed is that this is worse on some channels compared to others, seems worst watching premier matches on sky, better when watching foreign matches on espn.

has anyone else fould that this visable band is worse on different channels or am i over paranoid.

with all the international matches on last night i found picture on itv hd the worst and the scotland match on espn hd the best,

what im getting at as well then is, is the quality of the feed really affecting the quality of my plasma as i dont seem to have as much hassle with my sony 40hx853.

different sky boxes, power leads etc, how important are they ?

anyone any opinions ?

cheers

james

ill try get one, no matches on at present, however not sure if it will show up on pic, its a pretty thin line all the way down screen
mostly noticeable on green background, mostly noticeable on panning shots and definitely worse on premiership matches, for it to be different on different channels makes me think quality of source material can make difference, I'd like to watch a football match on a blu ray to see if i have that faint white line, maybe ill buy escape to victory, lol

I also notice that left of this faint line dirty screen effect is higher.

There's no line when playing FIFA on ps3

i have a pansonic 50vt30, generally a great picture, although when watching golf or especially football there can be avisable band down the screen( i seem to have just one on left hand side).

what i have noticed is that this is worse on some channels compared to others, seems worst watching premier matches on sky, better when watching foreign matches on espn.

has anyone else fould that this visable band is worse on different channels or am i over paranoid.

with all the international matches on last night i found picture on itv hd the worst and the scotland match on espn hd the best,

what im getting at as well then is, is the quality of the feed really affecting the quality of my plasma as i dont seem to have as much hassle with my sony 40hx853.

different sky boxes, power leads etc, how important are they ?

anyone any opinions ?

cheers

james

You are not imagining it James ,its a flaw in the set .
The whole Panasonic 50 series has this vertical banding on the right hand side .
Some sets have a single band others have multiple bands.
I have 5 bands on my 50ST50.

[ame="http://youtu.be/VCEZP0oz1uw"]Panasonic ST50 DSEB or Vertical Banding - YouTube[/ame]

The effect is most noticeable on soccer or golf (any field sport with a green background) when the camera pans .It isn't really an issue apart from sport .
Its most noticeable in True Cinema Mode and on a light green/yellowish pitch.

You will notice the effect less on darker green pitches ,that is why the visible bands appear more noticeably on some channels.

I have my set 9 months and the banding hasnt improved ,its still there despite I trying to tweak the settings to reduce it.

I have to watch matches in Normal mode now to minimise the banding,its quite annoying as Normal mode is very noisy.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom