panasonic plasma and DVDO hd plus output ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by scooby do, Feb 26, 2013.

1. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Hi all,

Recently go an old skool pw8 (non HD) and a DVDO I can HD+. The plasma panel is 852 x 480 native. Now when I set the scaler to output this res to the panel over the VGA connection I get a bar down the right side of the screen. When I bring up the test screen it does not fit properly. I try to change the settings and then the screen goes out of range. Probably doing something wrong but thought it would just be a case of settings to native then that should be near enought but it is around 3 inches out and not even displaying a full image.

Inputs are rgb SCART to the comp1 socket and YUV to comp2 socket.

Any help pointers really be appreciated,

thanks

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,097
    "i try to change the settings and the screen goes out of range"
    What settings are you changing?
    Are you trying to use the Panasonic POS/SIZE adjustment to make it fit? You should only use the POS settings to do this

3. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Gordon I was hoping that you was going to drop in here. I was under the impression the best way is to set to scaler to the native panel res. When I do this then the screen is set way left with a bar on the right side that displays no picture. I then adjust the res on the scaler but this makes the screen go out of range. Currently have the scaler on a VGA cable to the PC port on the screen but have to set the output colourscape to component not sure if this is correct (otherwise I get strange colours). I do feel I am doing something wrong as it is the first time I have used a scaler or I could be misintrepeting the whole idea of it?

Cheers

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,097
    If you want to pixel map the plasma then you can't change the resolution from the native res....I suspect if you put up the pixel mapping pattern it will look correct, albeit offset off the screen. You need to either adjust the timings of the signal in the scaler or (possibly both) use the POS/SIZE adjustment in the PLASMA (use the POS adjustment ONLY to move the image on screen properly)

5. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I am guessing that pixel map is best but open to suggestions. Couldnt understand when feeding the native res there is a 4 inch bar on the right of the screen with no image. New to all this old technology but the picture seems very nice for DVD via component into the scaler but then when I switch to freeview via RGB I am missing some of the image. Via VGA should I being setting the output to RGB as curentyl the only way I get the correct colours is setting this to component. I understand the panny can do component via VGA but thought optimum for this screen was VGA. This was why they were so popular and the scalers back in the day.

Cheers

6. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,097
    if you currently have to set your dvdo to output component then it is likely your panasonic vga input is set to accept component already. I owuld try changing the panasonic set up to RGB then try rgb out of scaler. Your tv should report WVGA in service men if it is loading up it's native resolution memory bank