1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PL10 vertical bar

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jbooth, Jan 2, 2003.

1. jbooth

jbooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    First panasonic PL10 I got delivered had smudge patches on the screen that were very noticeable on a bright background like when watching football. Sent it back and although the new PL10is better it seems this one has two vertical bars on each side of the screen starting about 1.5cm in andare about 2" in width. Once again not noticeable unless on a light background but is always visable on Sky,DVD etc. Tried a few servicemenu settingsall to no avail. Anyone had this problem with their PL10? and can it be fixed. Hopefully it can otherwise i will have to suffer the incompetance of the courier firm and send it back again :-(

cheers all
    James

2. mgzr

mgzr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am on my second PL10 and now currently waiting for my third. Both sets have had vertical bars about a third in from both sides. The right hand one is more noticeable on my current set mainly with white / blue background and when watching sport particularly with camera panning. Panasonic customer service suggested it may be "a characteristic of the set" which is a something I could do without for £1000. Keep you posted on my third set!

3. jbooth

jbooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    characteristic of the set my ar*e. what planet do they think we are on. I have emailed them twice and had nothing back. Did you call them because Im thinking of doing this Monday morning and if they have no suggestions sending back my second one as well. Will not get this model again If i do though.

4. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    from what i have seen and read, all pl10s have thses bars. In fact most wide tvs have them

hth
    shaun

5. mgzr

mgzr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good news, I think:) Just been to a friend of a friends house. He also has a PL10. Went home to get my 'TEST' disc - Top Gun, which shows up the bars nicely on the blue sky background. What no bars! Amazing, a PL10 with a perfect screen, yes honest! Panasonic can cut it after all, yipeeee. His set is about 9 months old. Going down to my local Panasonic centre Monday morning to confirm delivery of my replacement set. Hoping it will be as good as the one I have just witnessed:) Keep you posted asap. By the way, yes I did ring Panasonic customer service when they told me it could be a 'characteristic of the set'. They also said that they would get an engineer to ring me back but that call never arrived.

6. mgzr

mgzr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My third PL10 arrived this morning from my local Panasonic centre. No faults visable on the tube when off which you could see on previous two sets, looking good. Ran auto setup, picture looked good so far. Put it Top Gun DVD - perfect picture with NO vertical lines whatsoever!! Yipee, third time lucky. Glad I bought from local shop as this would have been much more of a hassle from mail order etc. Good luck with your PL10, this proves that there must be some good ones out there!

7. JoeyJoeJoe

JoeyJoeJoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the 28 PL10 for about 7 months now and the only problem I seem to have with it is the smudging on the screen when watching fottball on Sky. My brother has an older Sony and the smudges show up on his one too. It seems like it's more likely to be down to Sky's broadcasting quality rather than a fault with the TV itself. Had a few other minor problems but they have all settled down now. It seems that the picture quality has improved as the TV has aged!!