1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PL10 service menu

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Jonah, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Jonah

Jonah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Managed to access the service menu. Does anybody know what all the various settings mean.

My current settings are :

H-Pos 014
    V-Pos -007
    H-Amp 047
    V-Amp -072

EW-Amp 1 -030
    Lower Corner 008
    Trapez -002
    Upper Corner 005
    V-Lin -011
    V-Sym 027
    Angle -004
    Bow 005
    DVCO 022
    Cut Off 0160
    UG2 0159 (O.K.)

R G B
    High 0437 0360 0397
    Low 0113 0171 0160

Sub Brightness 019

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Jonah.

P.S. The reason why I'm asking is 'cos I've got a few geometry problems and wondered if there was a quick fix or telly knackered!!!

2. Dunkwho

Dunkwho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Jonah,

Did you ever get anything sorted with your PL10?
    My 32pl10 arrived on saturday, am very happy with it but notice a slight left to right downward slant that i'd like to correct. I've entered the service menu (max bass, min treb, index & '-') but not been able to find a tilt control - i've been able to resolve the issue somewhat by adjusting the verticle tilt so that verticle lines now really do run straight up and down, but i'm still left with a slope down to the right.

Duncan

3. Corbin

Corbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To adjust the tilt on your TV, open the front flap and press the F button until you come to "geomagnetic tilt". Use the + and - to adjust accordingly. I've played around with the service menu the best I can. Still got a bit of pincushion effect though, can't seem to get rid of it. Changed my screen name ages ago. So long in fact that I forgot I'd even used my previous one.

4. Dunkwho

Dunkwho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Thank you ... thank you thank you thank you.
    Fingers crossed this'll solve my problem when i get home tonight, I'd managed to re-set the verticleness :)) ) but haven't been able to get the horizontal right ... the wife has not been best pleased !

Cheers (and fingers still crossed)
    I've (now hold your breath) read the manual, nothing in there about this, doesn't sound particularly service engineer (are there other settings in this 'F' menu that are potentially bad), odd.

Duncan

5. Corbin

Corbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The F menu is just manual settings for volume, brightness, contrast etc. I guess it's there in case you happen to lose or break your remote control.