Panasonic PL10 Lines!

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by tinkerbell, May 20, 2002.

Tags:
  1. tinkerbell

tinkerbell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

After being happy with our PL10, at the weekend, I first noticed these vertical lines - one on the left side, about 6inches in, & the right side about an inch or so - also they are not static, but `flicker`. I do not see them (yet) on video or dvd playback, only on terrestrial channels (do not have sky yet). They seem to be more prominent when you`ve just switched on the tv & sometimes you hardly notice them. I only knew about these lines after we had the tv delivered, & didn`t notice any initially. Anyway, I did ring Panasonic, & a lady called me back - I explained & said I`d read various comments from people regarding this problem, & wanted to know if it was a fault in some models - of course you know what she said - no, she hadn`t heard of it, & maybe it was our aerial connection causing problems - because we are having trouble with that as well - anyway, I`m going to see how we get on with these lines - I suppose its the kind of thing you forget about - I don`t look forward to having to complain to the retailer, if I have to - we`ve had it nearly 3 weeks. I`m really fed up with tv`s - everybody seems to be putting up with so much rubbish - whoever you buy from.

Tinkerbell.:(

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry you're having problems Tinkerbell :( If you are going to get a refund/exchange then you really need to make sure you do this before the 28 days are up. Beware as some retailers take the 28 days as starting from the day you purchased the set and do not count you "reporting the problem" until the day they come to see what the problem is... (nasty :mad:). Although I'm sure you can argue them round to being proper and just about this, the less hassle the better eh?

These lines don't sound right to me (they certainly don't sound like the traditional dark patches/thick lines you get with Tau sets), but to make sure it isn't your aerial, why don't you pop down to Argos and get an indoor aerial and see if it still shows up? You can always get your money back afterwards ;)

If that fails, maybe it's a problem with the tuner in the set??? Or maybe something nearby is causing interference??? (just a guess)

Anyway, I wish you all the best with it all :)

3. tinkerbell

tinkerbell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Squirrel,

thanks for your reply - I am going to see how things go over the next few days, try out some different things (I don`t suppose any alterations on the service menu would help?) If its something we can live with then fine, but not if it progresses into something worse - does the problem usually stay the same - the thought of choosing another tv scares me, as the only one i liked the sound of was the jvc, & you told me a few things about them!
    Feel a bit better now - thanks - just wait though, if it has to go back, I shall be on this forum all the time! I really hate complaining!

Thanks Squirrel.
    :) :)

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I took delivery of a Sony KV28LS60 at the weekend.... so far it's awesome..... :) Much nicer in the flesh than in the picture and I really love the cabinet it comes with (very good quality and has 2 shelves) ;)

5. tinkerbell

tinkerbell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Squirrel,

Your Sony tv looks great - I hope you have no proglems with it.

Tinkerbell. :)

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers - me too :eek: