1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Pixel policy DROPPED????

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Saint Legend, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Saint Legend

Saint Legend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Not one for scaremongering, but over on the American forum,as well as some of the US retailers, it appears that Panasonic are no longer going to honour the pixel policy deal:thumbsdow . Can anyone find out if this is true ? If yes then I will need to seriously reconsider purchasing the Panasonic PTAE 500. No way on earth is it worth paying for a less than perfect machine, Panasonic attitude seems to be a "like it or lump it" policy :nono: . This does not bode well for fans of the Pansonic PTAE 500.

Peace out :(

My dreams are fading fast....:rolleyes:

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I assume you're talking about imports from Japan as Panasonic never had a "pixel perfect" deal in the UK or Europe.

Many retailers offered this guarantee/check themselves.

:smoke:

3. Saint Legend

Saint Legend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'M not 100% sure of what I'm talking about Kramer. On AVRitz site they say they are not going to offer the panasonic pt500lu because of the pixel deal( US models). If you could shed more light on this Kramer, I would gladly hear about it.

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Saint Legend,

Welcome to the forums.................

Panasonic, similar to other manufacturers have policies about the number/location/type of dead or stuck pixels which they consider "acceptable" - if you read a bit on the forum here you'll discover that enthusiasts consider anything less than 100% working pixels is unacceptable.

To make things more interesting, there is a view taken by some suppliers that dead or stuck pixels can "develop" over time, and consequently that "dead pixel checks" which some suppliers provide for a (usually) small charge are worthless....... this is not a view shared by most members here, evidenced by a recent thread.

To make things more interesting again........ it appears (on an anecdotal basis) that dead/stuck pixel policies adopted by distributors in different markets vary........ therefore an approach adopted by a supplier in the US, or by a distributor in the US doesn't really have much of an impact.

BTW,

......................... I can't wait to see the reaction to that......:smoke: We try to make sure that this is a friendly helpful and interesting place................... do some more reading... you'd be surprised how much useful info is spread about the place here.

All the best,

Sean G.

5. Saint Legend

Saint Legend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the heads up, Ritz

Will start checking older threads.

Cheers :smashin: