1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PiP issues

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bongpig, Sep 25, 2004.

1. bongpig

bongpig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Im having trouble getting a clean picture using the Picture in Picture ( or is it Picture outside picture ) on my PA20. Basically the mode where you split the screen into 2 halves.

When in this mode, theres alot of interference on screen. Even the empty bars top and bottom show alot of tizzing and lines.

If I check the 2 inputs seperatly, they are crystal clear. Try it in PiP and the quality goes downhill fast. Massive interference. Especially on the right side image, which also happens to be brighter and more washed out than the left.

Im using 2 xbox's, both set to PAL60, on each input. Network gaming and all that!

Is anybody familiar with this problem at all.

2. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    you haven't said what inputs you are using

I just tried my PW6 with sky on VGA input and Xbox on SCART terminal board
    PiP side by side they are both perfect, lots of flashing and noise on both while rebooting Xbox. But perfect when viewing of playing. I am also very impressed that
    I can have PAL on 1 input and NTSC (or PAL60) on the other input, and they both
    look great. (don't quite understand how that can work, but it does)

Just tried summit very silly
    PAL picture fullscreen + NTSC in a corner, and it works, amazing!

3. bongpig

bongpig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried various combinations of AV1 & AV2 (scarts). Not tried RGB, but have tried s-video and standard composite.

To be honest, it only seems to happen when im using two xboxs. No other combination of PiP causes any trouble. One xbox with the TV is fine. Both xboxs on thier own are fine. Its both together the TV doesnt like.

Im thinking the combination of 2 xboxs connected to the same tv, as well as each other via a network is causing some kind of interference.
    Im not confident this is something I can fix the more I think about it.