Panasonic picture judder on Sky - please help

IanS 01

Established Member
Reaction score
I am the proud new owner of a gorgeous new Panasonic TX-65ST60B. I previous had a 2007 Samsung 50".

The new TV is fine on DVD and blu-ray (using ps3 at mo) but on Sky TV it is noticeably juddery. I have Image Smoothing at max but have tried other settings. It can be fine for a while then it seems to miss frames but it does it a lot.

I doubt it's the Sky box as I didn't notice it at all until last week when I changed the TV but guess there could be an incompatibility.

Anyone come across this? And words of wisdom? It is spoiling my enjoyment of the new TV massively. The TV got great reviews and this wasn't mentioned anywhere.

Thanks, Ian

First off I think you mean ST50 not 60 lol if you had that i want to know how lol.

Secondly turn all the processing off an start again. IFC on off or min, all over extra processing off. Put it in normal mode. Tell us your connections, settings on sky box.

What are you viewing when you notice this ?

Have you tried changing your cables ? Had dodgy sky picture in the past, changed HDMI cable and solved it. Also some channels do get issues like jumping picture or sense of lag almost.

Sorry yes, it's the 65" ST50B.

Connections are HDMI. Can't be the lead, with digital leads it either all gets through or you have catastrophic break up. Besides, all was fine a week ago on a much older TV (or at least I didn't notice it in the Sammie).

Happens on all Sky channels, SD and HD.

I'll try a full reset later. Thanks :)

Ian

Read through the SkyHD forum as certain makes of Sky+HD boxes are giving problems due to a software upgrade to the EPG within the last couple of weeks.

Last edited:
First off I think you mean ST50 not 60 lol if you had that i want to know how lol.

I think he means a ST50 in a 65 lol :p.

Read through the SkyHD forum as certain makes of Sky+HD boxes are giving problems due to a software upgrade to the EPG within the last couple of weeks.

This is most probably the case as i have noticed my set juddering about since the new hd ui has been downloaded to my box in the last 2 weeks, its annoying to say the least but its mostly noticeable on ITV and the sound is out of synch too sometimes :(.

IanS 01 said:
I am the proud new owner of a gorgeous new Panasonic TX-65ST60B.

I'd think we'd be more interested in your
time machine ;--)

Cables even digital can throw up problems. Always worth checking. Difference between quality of analogue vs digital and picture issues caused by inferior cable.

It is probably more box than anything. Dish would not effect all channels if was that bad you'd probably just lose the signal altogether.

But before messing with box replacements its always worth swapping out cables ad checking your alignments =)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom