panasonic, phillips or samsung????

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by tonymm, Mar 24, 2006.

1. tonymm

tonymm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know which one to buy samsung hpr4252 for $2300, phillips 50pf7320a/37 for $3000, or panasonic th42px60u for $2850. Leaning toward samsung because of cost. Samsung with protection plan same price as others alone. Are they all three brands equal quality. If not who's 1 and 2.

2. phillfyspoon

phillfyspoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    samsung dont make there screens and nor do philips

Panasonic make there own screens and have the worlds largest manufacturing plant and the biggest market share and are at the front of plasma technology

take what u will from that :D

3. camorra

camorra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Just a correction, Samsung do their own glass just like LG, Pioneer, Hitachi and Panasonic. LG have the largest manufacturing plant in the world and sell most panels. Samsung sell the 2nd largest number of Plasma panels, then Panny 3rd ;) Coming to HD panels, FHP is the market leader in sales of glass with a claimed 40% share :)

Philips make only their LCD glass (with LG) and buy Plasma glass from FHP and Panny I think. Likewise other brands as Thomson etc :rolleyes:

Obviously, none of these figures reflect the quality of the product/s or picture :lesson:

In case of the given choice, since there isn't the Hitachi 42PD7200 :clap: , I would definitely go for the Panny, 2nd choice Philips and I would never buy a Samsung :eek:

Hope this helps :hiya: