1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic/Philips/Shinco....Help needed

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by StevePn, Nov 16, 2004.

1. StevePn

StevePn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I am looking into spending approx £300 on a portable DVD player.
    I've seen 3 models,PANASONIC DVDLS50EBS, PHILIPS PET800/05 and SHINCO 1850.
    The Philips picture seems better than the Panasonic, but is the Quality better?
    Has anyone got a Shinco 1850 (8" with DivX) or other model: What is the Quality like of Shinco, as they are virtually unheard of?
    Any help and advice would be most welcomed.
    Thanks, Steve

2. Bosco

Bosco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have one of the Shinco players (1731A) and the quality is amazing. Like all of these portable players there are limitations to the speakers so none of them go very loud but I think that the volume on the Shinco will be more than enough for back seat passangers. I use mine a lot, it keeps the kids quiet when on a long journey and would highly recommend it above the Philips or Panasonic. Shinco are also the leading company in manufacturing this type of product, a lot of the big names just re-badge it and charge a lot more. Hope this helps

3. AVJunky

AVJunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Stevepn I have just received a shinco 1720A from allcam.biz and so far it looks like an excellent bit of kit. Very well made and excellent quality picture, it plays just about everything as well. :thumbsup:

4. sunderfl

sunderfl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,all
    we supply Shinco with TFT LCD,and Shinco is a excellent company in AV field.
    More than 30% of portable DVD is manufactured by it all over the world.So Shinco
    is the better choice!!!