Panasonic PHD8 - HDMI failure ?

smind74

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a 42PHD8 which I feed component via VGA and also an HDMI blade.

However, I once had a Supra HDMI which stopped working. i.e. picture would go funny and then I'd wiggle the cable at the DVD end and then ok, and this would be intermittent, then it stopped working completely.

I replaced a couple of years ago with a BetterCables job (40 odd quid I think) from Joe's Power Buy and then this has recently failed in similar circumsatances.

I've now resorted to using the 'free' SKY HDMI cable.

How could these hdmi cables have stopped working?

I have a 42PHD8 which I feed component via VGA and also an HDMI blade.

However, I once had a Supra HDMI which stopped working. i.e. picture would go funny and then I'd wiggle the cable at the DVD end and then ok, and this would be intermittent, then it stopped working completely.

I replaced a couple of years ago with a BetterCables job (40 odd quid I think) from Joe's Power Buy and then this has recently failed in similar circumsatances.

I've now resorted to using the 'free' SKY HDMI cable.

How could these hdmi cables have stopped working?

Have you tried removing the HDMI board from the screen and then refitting as sometimes the connection can become a bit loose ?

Cheers. I'll give it a try at some point, but a different HDMI cable is working just fine. Thoroughly perplexed.

Either the source or board, source my gut tells me.

Difficult one to check unless you have another HDMI equipped TV (or source)

EDIT: I see you have SkyHD and a 1920, can you not change the source when the fault occurs to rule out one one or t'other.

Last edited:
It sure is strange, this cable is between mu Onkyo Amp and the screen, but cable doesn't work anymore for either that or straight out the back of the SKY HD box,
but the SKY cheapo cable works fine.

Sending to back to Joe (the supplier) and see what he reckons.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom