1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic PHD6 and Pronto Remote

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by TeresaTT, Oct 1, 2004.

1. TeresaTT

TeresaTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have been offered a Panasonic PHD6 for 3k and I'm very tempted. However, it's still a lot of money and I want to sort out a few details. I've searched here and at RemoteCentral, but can't find a definitive answer.

I want to know how well the Pronto RU950 can control the PHD6, particularly with switching inputs and aspect ratio changing. I can live without discrete on/off and aspect ratio, but discrete input selection is a must. I've read about problems with the Panasonic codes and people having to use work arounds. Can anyone with a PHD6 and a Pronto tell me of their experience?

Thanks

2. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I used to control my series 6 panny with my universal remote. I had discrete codes for power on and power off but the only way to automate the input selection was via a small macro which would first select PC input, which is the only input with a discrete code, and then one, two or three presses of the input button for the three slots with a small pause between each.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Lee

3. TeresaTT

TeresaTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks for that Lee. It's a shame that there are no discretes, however I'm aready used to a bit of a long winded input selection on my Loewe CRT. Each of the inputs is selected by entering a three digit channel number, so there shouldn't be too much difference in macro execution time.

When you execute your macros, does the screen flick to all the different inputs on the way to the final one?

4. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    If you get the timing right between the keystrokes then only the little IR LED flashes and the screen goes blank until the final input is selected...it takes a bit of trial-and-error to get the timing right though...I think I settled on about .3 of a second.

I have sold my screen now in favour of a smaller LCD and a larger PJ combo but the pannys are by far the best in my opinion and the HD is the way to go.

Have they added discrete codes to the new series 7 ?

Cheers, Lee

5. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827